Heavy Weapons Guy (Classic)
|Heavy Weapons Guy (Classic)|
|Speed:||76% (228 units/s)|
The Heavy Weapons Guy is a playable class in Team Fortress Classic and one of the antagonists of the Team Fortress Comics series. He is notable for his large size, and is outfitted with Heavy Armor, as well as a Single-Barrel Shotgun, Double-Barrel Shotgun, and Assault Cannon. For grenades, the Heavy Weapons Guy is equipped with two powerful grenade types, the Hand Grenade and MIRV Grenade. However, he is the slowest class in the game. This makes him a great defensive class as he can take many hits before dying and has enough firepower to quickly inflict significant damage. Players need to be careful with their ammo, though. The Heavy Weapons Guy only uses Shells as ammunition and the Assault Cannon uses them all up in 20 seconds.
- It is much easier to play offensively if you have a Medic, an Engineer or both with you, otherwise staying on defense might be a better choice, as offensive HWguys are frequently looked down on and the power of the other team's defense will have you dead in no time.
- Remain in closed or partially-open areas, as Snipers will find you an exceptionally easy target due to your very slow movement speed and size.
- Use your size to block doorways and other passages.
- Improve your longevity by partnering with Medics and Engineers.
- Keep your Assault Cannon spinning if you aren't moving.
Class Skill: Uses Assault Cannon.
Abilities: Cannot be pushed by explosions.
|Notes / Special Abilities|
|Single-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||8||200||4-24||Fires six pellets.|
|Double-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||16||200||4-56||Fires fourteen pellets.|
|Assault Cannon||Shells||200||N/A||8-32||Bullets from this gun cause considerable knockback.|
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
|Hand Grenade||4||145-50||Deals massive damage on a four second fuse.|
|MIRV Grenade||2||145-50 per explosion (depending on radius)||Grenade splits into several miniature bombs upon detonation. These bombs detonate after a few seconds.|
- Fixed Heavy Weapons Guys not being able to drop their cells.
- The Heavy Duty Rag from Team Fortress 2 resembles the "do-rag" worn by the new Heavy model.
- The War Goggles from Team Fortress 2 were modeled after the goggles worn by the new Heavy model.
- The Heavy Lifter from Team Fortress 2 seem to be very loosely based on the clothing worn by the new Heavy model.
- The Combat Slacks from Team Fortress 2 are based on the armor worn by the new Heavy model.
- The Blue TFC Heavy appeared in the comics A Cold Day in Hell, Blood in the Water, Old Wounds, and The Naked and the Dead.
The new TFC Heavy Weapons Guy.
The QWTF Heavy Weapons Guy.
The Classic RED Heavy Weapons Guy as seen in the Catch-Up comic.
The Classic BLU Heavy as seen in A Cold Day in Hell.
The Classic BLU Heavy after he pushed the immortality machine into his body as seen in The Naked and the Dead.
- Heavy in Team Fortress 2.