|Speed:|| 150% (Quake Team Fortress)
133% (Team Fortress Classic)
The Scout is a playable class in Team Fortress Classic. Like his Team Fortress 2 counterpart, the Team Fortress Classic Scout is the fastest and weakest class, both in regards to weapons and armor. His weapons are built around self defense if necessary and are not designed for attacking. He is also the only class that does not possess one custom and one normal grenade, and instead has two custom grenades.
- Always keep moving.
- Report enemy activity.
- Call for assistance when needed.
- Move in unpredictable patterns.
- Make use of your special abilities.
- Do NOT try to deathmatch enemies. It should only be done as a joke or as humiliation, as the Scout's primary function here is to be an expert flag runner. The only enemy a Scout can possibly engage with greater luck of killing is another enemy Scout.
- Removes an enemy Spy's disguise by touching him.
- Disarms Detpacks set by enemy Demomen when coming in contact with them.
Quake Console Aliases:
|scane||Toggle detection of enemies with the motion detector.|
|scanf||Toggle detection of friendlies with the motion detector.|
|scan10||Use the motion detector with a radius of 250.|
|scan30||Use the motion detector with a radius of 750.|
|scan100||Use the motion detector with a radius of 2500.|
|Notes / Special Abilities|
|Single-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||8||50||4 - 22||Fires six pellets.|
|Nailgun||Nails||200||N/A||9||Scout holds double the amount of nails compared to anyone else with nailgun.|
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
|Caltrop||3||9||Causes decrease in the enemies' speed.|
|Concussion Grenade||3||0||Upon detonation, enemies within the blast radius become disoriented. While dealing no damage, it causes considerable knockback.|
- Fixed Scouts not being able to drop their cells.
- According to the Team Fortress 2 comic, The Naked and the Dead, the Scout Team Fortress Classic's name is Greg.
- Similiarly, TFC Demoman is also named Greg.
- He has a moustache in the Team Fortress 2 comics, but he does not in Team Fortress Classic
The new TFC Scout.
The QWTF Scout.
The Classic Scout as seen in the Catch-Up comic.
The Classic BLU Scout as seen in A Cold Day in Hell.
- The Scout in Team Fortress 2.