|Speed:||QWTF: 150% (450 units/s) |
TFC: 133% (400 units/s)
The Scout is a playable class in Team Fortress Classic. Like his Team Fortress 2 counterpart, the Team Fortress Classic Scout is the fastest and most mobile class but unlike his TF2 counterpart, his role on the team is more of a support class, being almost exclusively designed for capturing flags and completing objectives. His weapons are built around self defense if necessary and are not meant for taking on other players head-on. He is also the only class that does not possess one custom and one normal grenade. Instead, he has two custom grenades.
- Always keep moving.
- Report enemy activity.
- Call for assistance when needed.
- Move in unpredictable patterns.
- Make use of your special abilities.
- Do NOT try to deathmatch enemies. It should only be done as a joke or as humiliation, as the Scout's primary function here is to be an expert flag runner. The only enemy a Scout can possibly engage with greater luck of killing is another enemy Scout.
- Class Skill: Displays the status of each team's flag on capture the flag maps. Displays the status of each team's gas chamber keys on The Rock.
- In Quake Team Fortress, the Scout can enable a scanner in which a lightning bolt points towards flags and other players every 2 seconds, at the cost of 2 cells per blip.
- Removes an enemy Spy's disguise by touching him.
- Disarms Detpacks set by enemy Demomen when coming in contact with them.
Quake Console Aliases:
|scane||Toggle detection of enemies with the motion detector.|
|scanf||Toggle detection of friendlies with the motion detector.|
|scan10||Use the motion detector with a radius of 250.|
|scan30||Use the motion detector with a radius of 750.|
|scan100||Use the motion detector with a radius of 2500.|
|Notes / Special Abilities|
|Single-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||8||50||4 - 22||Fires six pellets.|
|Nailgun||Nails||200||N/A||9||Scout holds double the amount of nails compared to anyone else with nailgun.|
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
|Caltrop||3||9||Causes decrease in the enemies' speed.|
|Concussion Grenade||3||0||Upon detonation, enemies within the blast radius become disoriented, causing the player's vision to wobble in a figure-8 pattern. While dealing no damage, it causes considerable knockback, which can be used for mobility.|
- Fixed Scouts not being able to drop their cells.
- According to the Team Fortress 2 comic, The Naked and the Dead, the Scout Team Fortress Classic's name is Greg.
- Similiarly, TFC Demoman is also named Greg.
The new TFC Scout.
The QWTF Scout.
The Classic Scout as seen in the Catch-Up comic.
The Classic BLU Scout as seen in A Cold Day in Hell.
- The Scout in Team Fortress 2.