The Demoman, also known as the Demolitions Man, is a playable class in the Team Fortress (Classic) series of games. His expertise are demolitions and explosive weapons. While his weapons are not always the most accurate, they are efficient at killing and highly destructive. He has average armor which can help absorb several hits, but his chances of survival are not as high as some of the heavier classes.
His two explosive weapons, the Grenade and Pipebomb Launcher, serve different roles; the Grenade Launcher is useful for fights with enemies in close quarters, while the Pipebomb Launcher is a great weapon for setting traps.
The Demoman is also capable of setting Detpacks that can open (and sometimes close) alternative paths on a map.
- Learn to pipebomb jump. It is much like the Soldier's rocket jump, except it requires more timing and aim.
- Reload regularly.
- Clear rooms with your grenades.
- The Grenade Launcher is great for taking out Sentry Guns. Try to bounce the grenades against a wall in order to avoid taking damage from Sentry Guns. However, it is not good for using on players, unless you have good aim, luck, and/or are planning on spamming grenades.
- Try using the pipebomb launcher as your main weapon if you are on offense. If an enemy is close, use pitch-down piping, which also works with your hand grenades. You look down and bounce a grenade/pipe against the ground in a close-combat situation. This bounce goes a short distance and can be quite useful. Be careful, though, as you may damage yourself in most cases.
- Use the Grenade Launcher on offense if you want to cause confusion (in closed spaces) and/or break up defense (also in closed spaces).
- On classes that are as light as, or lighter than, another Demoman, you can use two pipebombs on them and finish them off with a Single Barrel Shotgun.
Class Skill: Detonates pipebombs.
- Place explosive charges called detpacks that can be placed down with a timer such as 5, 20, or 50 seconds.
- Clear obstacles/blast open entrances.
- Pipebomb jump.
Quake console aliases:
|+det5||Set the Detpack with a 5 second timer.|
|+det20||Set the Detpack with a 20 second timer.|
|+det50||Set the Detpack with a 50 second timer.|
|Single-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||8||75||4-22||Fires six pellets.|
|Grenade Launcher||Rockets||6||50||40-80||Shares magazine with Pipebomb Launcher|
Detonates after 2.5 seconds if it does not hit an enemy.
|Pipebomb Launcher||Rockets||6||50||40-80||Shares magazine with Grenade Launcher|
Detonates with secondary fire.
|MIRV Grenade||2||Medium-Instakill (depending on radius)||Grenade splits into several miniature bombs upon detonation. These bombs detonate after a few seconds.|
The new TFC Demoman.
The QWTF Demoman.
The Classic Demoman as seen in the Catch-Up comic.
The Classic BLU Demoman as seen in A Cold Day in Hell.
- According to the Team Fortress 2 comic, A Cold Day in Hell, the Demoman from Team Fortress Classic's name is Greg.
- The Demoman in Team Fortress 2.