The Railgun is a slot 2 weapon for the Engineer in the Team Fortress Classic series of games.
- The Railgun fires a medium-powered, perfectly accurate projectile every time the fire key is either pressed or held down.
- It uses one nail per shot and does not need to be reloaded.
- In Quake Team Fortress, the Railgun's projectile can pierce walls.
- It deals 23 damage per hit, more than a full Single-Barrel Shotgun blast.
- Low ammunition reserves.
- Slow rate of fire.
- Not very effective against armor.
- The old 3rd-person Railgun model in Team Fortress Classic uses the Glock 17 model from Half-Life.
- The Railgun closely resembles a Mauser C96 in its design. Moreover, shots fired from this Pistol appear as green laser-bolts, similar to Han Solo's blaster pistol from Star Wars, which was modelled after the Mauser C96.
3rd-person view of the new Railgun model in Team Fortress Classic.
3rd-person view of the old Railgun model in Team Fortress Classic.