Meet the Demoman
|Meet the Demoman|
|Released:||October 9, 2007|
|["Meet the Demoman" text appears"]
Demoman: "What makes me a good Demoman?"
[Cut to Demoman, sitting in a room full of explosives]
Demoman: "If I were a bad Demoman, I wouldn't be sittin' here, discussin' it with you now would I?"
["Drunken Pipe Bomb" resumes playing]
Demoman: "Let's do it!"
Demoman: "Not one of ya's gonna' survive this."
[Cut back to the Demoman's room, music pauses.]
Demoman: "One crossed wire, one wayward pinch of potassium chlorate, one errant twitch... and kablooie!"
[Cut back to battle, music resumes.]
[Cut to scene of the Demoman chugging from his Bottle of scrumpy]
[A level 2 Sentry Gun upgrades to level 3]
[Cut to scene of the Demoman continuing to chug from his Bottle of scrumpy]
[Sentry Gun fires rockets at the Demoman]
[Cut to a close up of the Demoman's face, still chugging from his Bottle of scrumpy]
[The Demoman dodges the rockets as a nearby Scout is gunned down by the Sentry. The Demoman then fires two grenades, destroying the Sentry Gun]
[Cut back to Demoman's room, music stops.]
[The Demoman slams the now empty Bottle down on the table, breathing heavily]
Demoman: "I got a manky eye. I'm a black, Scottish cyclops."
[The Demoman knocks a grenade off the table, arming it in the process (it begins to blink)]
Demoman: They've got more f-[censored]-s than they've got the likes of me."
[The Demoman starts to drink from the empty Bottle, then notices the camera and becomes lucid again]
[The ending segment of "Drunken Pipe Bomb" starts to play]
Demoman: "...T'all you fine dandies so proud, so cocksure."
[The Demoman runs out to the final capture point in Gravelpit and is shocked to see a group of BLU team members charging towards him with smug expressions on their faces. A devious look comes over the Demoman's face and he runs with BLU in hot pursuit]
Demoman: "Prancin' aboot with your heads full of eyeballs! Come and get me I say! [The Demoman covers a door frame in sticky bombs] I'll be waiting on ya with a whiff of the 'ol brimstone. I'm a grim bloody fable... with an unhappy bloody end!"
[The Heavy notices the sticky bombs around the door frame, and his expression changes from smugness to one of shock. The Demoman throws a mock salute and activates the sticky bombs, gibbing all his pursuers]
[The Demoman walks up to (presumably) a decapitated head, laughing merrily as body parts and blood rain down around him.]
Demoman: "Oh, they're going to have to glue you back together... in hell!"
[Team Fortress 2 ending flourish music plays, accompanied by bagpipes]
- The title card displays "COPYRIGHT LOLOLOL" on the bottom right corner, a recurring joke throughout the "Meet the Team" videos.
- During the censored portion, the Demoman actually says, "They've got more fecking sea monsters in the great Lochett Ness than they've got the likes of me".
- The music that plays during the battle sequence – "Drunken Pipe Bomb" – did not appear on the Team Fortress 2 Official Soundtrack or in the game files in any form, similar to "Magnum Force", the track that plays during Meet the Sniper. Valve, however, released the song as a part of the Team Fortress 2 Official Soundtrack in the WAR! Update on December 17, 2009.
- During the video, the Demoman can be seen with blank badges on either shoulder. The ending shot of all nine classes shows the Demoman with his original dynamite badge, later changed to a generic bomb and finally to the current Stickybomb shoulder badge.
- The teams' roles are reversed from what they are in the game's Gravel Pit. RED is shown attacking while BLU defends. The RED team are also shown emerging from the BLU spawn, and later the BLU team members running from control point C seem to have come from the RED spawn.
- Several crates of beer can be seen behind the Demoman. These are made by 'Red Shed'. The Red Shed Distillery is the RED team's base on the map Well. Red Shed is also featured in Meet the Sandvich and Meet the Medic.
- The Demoman's unused Dynamite Pack weapon can be seen on his desk, most prominently at 0:31.
- The Demoman's grenade bounces, then explodes on contact with the enemy Pyro. The ability for grenades to detonate on contact after the first bounce was removed in the September 28, 2007 Patch for the PC and a different patch for the Xbox 360.
- The closing screen features the following disclaimer: "All information regarding Demoman grenade behavior was obtained from Australians believed to be reliable at the time. It is submitted to the possibility of errors, omissions, or nerfing without notice."
- When the Demoman charges at the Sentry Gun, a Dispenser is clearly seen. In the next shot when the Demoman destroys the Sentry Gun, the Dispenser is gone.
- When the Demoman shoots his grenades at the Sentry Gun, he only shoots one grenade, but in the next shot there is another grenade that appears out of thin air.
- When the Demoman fires his grenades at the Sentry Gun, it targets the grenades once they're in range and ignores the Demoman.
- At 0:56, the Demoman's hand bumps into the grenade on his desk and it becomes active, then falls off the desk; however, it does not detonate.
- Valve teamed up with KritzKast and ran a contest to decipher what the Demoman said during those few censored seconds. Winners were selected for the most humorous but clean lines, the most obscene lines, and the lines most accurate to the original script.
- As a nod to the Demoman's Scottish origins, bagpipes can be heard in the outro 'flourish' as the video cuts to the team shot.
- When the Demoman sets the sticky trap for BLU in the doorway, sixteen stickies are dotted around it despite the Stickybomb Launcher only being able to lay eight at a time.
- The Demoman does not have a smiley face under his crotch plate in this video.
- A lit cigarette can be seen on the Demoman's desk throughout the video, suggesting that he smokes.
- At 0:20 an explosion and BLU team gibs can be seen, despite there not having been any visible BLU team members nearby, or any stickybombs visibly placed.
- Meet the Demoman on IMDb