Meet the Scout
|Meet the Scout|
|Released:||April 19, 2008|
|[Faster Than a Speeding Bullet plays as the warehouse doors in Well rise, revealing a crouching RED Scout with other members of RED team.]
[Scout pumps his Scattergun and RED runs out to attack the point.]
[The Scout charges into a fierce battle on Well, quickly outpacing all his teammates. He runs towards the center of the map, dodging everything that BLU throws at him, then outruns and crosses a passing train as it crushes a BLU Soldier and Pyro.]
["Meet the Scout" text appears]
[Scout walks in front of the Meet the Scout text, from off frame.]
Scout: "Um... I don't even know where to start with you. I mean, do you even know who you're talkin' to?
Scout: "Yo, what's up?"
[Cuts back to Scout in front of text.]
Scout: D-Do you have any idea, any idea who I am?"
[Back to Heavy and Scout, who are in a fistfight while yelling. Cuts back to Scout.]
Scout: "Basically - kind of a big deal!"
[Back to fight. Scout is strangling Heavy with his Bat.]
Scout: [flexes a scrawny arm] "Oh man, that's beautiful. Heh!"
[Cut back to fight, Heavy now has the Scout in a headlock. Cuts back to Scout.]
Scout: " Ya' listenin'? OK. Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha'- [pokes the camera] I hurt people."
[Cut back to fight, The Scout whacks the Heavy in the gut with his Bat.]
Scout: [back to text] "I'm a force a' nature!"
[Scout hits the Heavy in the chin.]
[Cuts back to Scout]
Scout: "If you were from where I was from, you'd be f**kin' dead!"
[Cuts back to fight; Heavy is collapsed on the ground trying to reach for his Sandvich; the Scout runs up the side of a shipping container, jumps off and slams his Bat into the Heavy's head.]
[Cuts back to Scout]
[Team Fortress 2 ending flourish music plays]
- The title card displays "COPYRIGHT LOLOLOL" on the bottom right corner, a recurring joke throughout the "Meet the Team" videos.
- Faster Than A Speeding Bullet first played in this video. The track was later released as a part of the Team Fortress 2 Soundtrack.
- At the beginning of the video, the members of the RED team appear to be coming out of the BLU base on Well. A similar thing happens in Meet the Demoman, as the RED team members once again come out of the BLU spawn area on Gravel Pit; unlike the Gravel Pit reversal, teams going backwards on Well is not too rare if a back-cap occurs.
- There is a Level 1 BLU Sentry Gun at 0:16 that fires at the Scout. But in 0:18, what appears to be the Heavy firing his Minigun in the same spot is present.
- When the Heavy is eating the Sandvich, he is also seen with a Shotgun. In-game, this would be impossible as they are both in the secondary slot.
- The Sandvich in the video was later released as an unlockable item for the Heavy.
- When the Scout pokes the camera during the line, "...and brother, I hurt people," he leaves a fingerprint on the lens, which remains visible throughout the rest of the video.
- The Scout's line about himself is a homage to the late boxing champion Muhammed Ali. He once said, "It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up."
- At the end, the Scout is eating the Heavy's Sandvich. This was later referenced in the achievements "Dodgers 1, Giants 0" and "Don't Touch Sandvich."
- While the Scout is eating the Sandvich, the Heavy's fingers twitch, suggesting he is only unconscious.
- When the Heavy and his Sandvich first appear, the control point is displayed as being captured by BLU. At the end of the video when the Scout is eating the Heavy's Sandvich, the point is displayed as being captured by RED.
- During his battle with the Heavy, the mouthpiece on the Scout's headset is turned down. However, while he is being held in a headlock by the Heavy, it's turned up.
- When the Scout first enters into the title card, he has a thick shadow, which disappears every time the camera comes back.
- The train seems to have carriages, whereas in-game, it does not.
- Sound files found within Source Filmmaker reveal the full version of the Scout's monologue, most of which was cut out of the final version. This "full" version shows the Scout in a much meaner light, occasionally threatening the cameraman.
- The seagull sounds in the final scene seem to be similar to the seagull sounds heard on Mannhattan.
- Meet the Scout on IMDb