|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date.
You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
The Scout is the fastest class and a great Flag and control point capturer, but has weak firepower. His low maximum health means that he needs to avoid direct combat, preferring circle strafing.
- With his weapons being a single barrel Shotgun and slow and low damage-inducing nailgun, COMBAT IS NOT RECOMMENDED. The only times being to finish off an enemy or against another Scout.
- With that said, always fall on back on your teammates when you need to get through enemy defense when it's too strong for you.
- You shouldn't attempt to confront a Sentry Gun head-on, but if you can approach it sideways, you can take advantage of the Sentry Gun's slow rotation speed. Pop out of cover long enough to take a shot at it with your Nailgun (Classic), then wait about one second for the Sentry Gun to turn back to its default position. It is also possible to circle strafe a Sentry Gun, as it cannot turn quickly enough to fire at you. This is very difficult, however, and requires that you be as close to the Sentry Gun as possible.
- Alternatively, you can simply run past a Sentry Gun that isn't aimed right at you, as long as you do not pass through the Sentry Gun's field of view.
- As the fastest character, it's best to keep moving at all times unless you find a safe spot to rest and heal for a few seconds.
- You still run a lot faster than any other class when running backwards, so if retreating, you can still backpedal while getting a few more shots in.
- When running to the front lines, run into your teammates as a form of Spy check. The Scout has the ability to undisguise a Spy and earns a point in doing so.
- Always jump when you're running to have a better chance at dodging enemies.
- The Scout has the ability to use his Concussion Grenades to give him a great boost of air when jumping to get across the map incredibly fast and with little to no damage.