|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: What determines a teammate reviving at the same place as their Reanimator previously were and what determines when the teammates revives next to their Medic? The page could use more structured description of the mechanics.
The Reanimator is a gameplay element released within the Two Cities Update to be used on Mann vs. Machine maps. It is represented by a gray machine with red and gold-painted parts, and various apparatuses (plugs, buttons, etc.) with a main, long glowing port. A Renanimator is automatically dropped by a teammate if they die, displaying a hologram of their class at their point of death. Once it is targeted with any Medic secondary weapon, the player will be slowly revived; upon being fully revived, which involves healing them to half their maximum health, they immediately respawn by the Medic. An ÜberCharge of any type will quicken the process.
The player also has the choice to decline being revived, and choose to respawn normally; once the player respawns, their Reanimator disappears. The more teammates die after being revived by Medics, the longer it will take to Medics revive their teammates. Therefore, it is sometimes better to not use the Reanimator and just respawn normally, if it's too difficult for the Medic to revive teammates.
Revivals performed during Setup apply to this penalty for the incoming wave. The penalty still applies even if the player switches Classes (during Setup time). The amount of time to be revived is reset between waves, regardless of whether the wave lost or won.
Various Medi Guns can drastically speed up the revive rate:
- The Quick-Fix triples the revive rate during its ÜberCharge.
- The Vaccinator has four separate ÜberCharges, allowing the use of its charges to almost instantly revive up to four dead teammates.
- Revive (no upgrade required)
- Teammates leave behind a revive marker when they die
- Target the marker with your Medi Gun to revive them
- If there's more than one Medic reviving a patient, the camera for who is being revived will be constantly switching back and forth between the Medics.
- Sometimes, when a Medic revives a teammate too quickly, their "A Medic is attempting to bring you back..." window will not disappear, and will lock the player's mouse movement, requiring the player to manually press "Decline" in order to fix it.
- Rarely, the "A Medic is attempting to bring you back..." window will disappear even though the Medic is still reviving his teammate.
- If the patient's Reanimator is right above an ally Teleporter and gets revived, the revived player will be stuck inside the Teleporter, without being able to move.
- Constantly pressing the primary attack button (default key: )`will revive teammates considerably faster than the regular way, this happens because each time the reviver presses their primary attack button, a small percentage of health is recovered.
- The Reanimator resembles the "ghost trap" from the 1984 film Ghostbusters.
- Day Two introduced The Reanimator during the Two Cities Update, the name referencing the 1859 Charles Dickens novel A Tale of Two Cities. The novel is divided into three books, with Book the First known as "Recalled to Life".