Australium Flame Thrower
Strange Flame Thrower - Kills: 0
Extinguishing teammates restores 20 health
Afterburn reduces Medi Gun healing and resist shield effects.
Alt-Fire: Release a blast of air that pushes enemies and projectiles and extinguish teammates that are on fire.
Finishing a Two Cities Tour might even get you one of the most exceedingly, some might say preposterously rare items in the game: the Australium weapon. (Hushed silence. Then, from the back, a lone slow clap. Then: thunderous applause.)
— Australium weapons publicity blurb
Australium weapons are a preposterously rare item classification introduced in the Two Cities Update. Similar to Botkiller weapons, they are unique reskins of specific weapons and only appear in Strange quality. They have a low chance of being awarded upon completing a full Advanced or Expert Tour of Duty of Mann vs. Machine in Mann Up mode. Built from the material Australium, each weapon is given a reflective, golden skin. The change is purely cosmetic and does not affect gameplay. Killing a player with an Australium weapon adds a golden glow behind its kill icon, but does not convert them into pure Australium statues, unlike the Golden Wrench, Saxxy and Golden Frying Pan. Some Australium weapons can be festivized.
List of Australium weapons
|Possible Australium weapons|
|Australium Scattergun||Australium Force-A-Nature|
|Australium Rocket Launcher||Australium Black Box|
|Australium Flame Thrower|
|Australium Grenade Launcher|
|Australium Stickybomb Launcher|
|Australium Minigun||Australium Tomislav|
|Australium Frontier Justice|
|Australium Medi Gun|
|Australium Sniper Rifle|
- [Undocumented] Added Australium weapons to the game.
- Fixed missing backpack material for the Australium Force-A-Nature.
- Fixed Australium items not using the correct images in the Steam Community Market.
- Fixed Australium weapons using the incorrect arm skin for the BLU team.
- Fixed the Australium Scattergun material looking pixelated.
- MvM: Added chance to find Australium weapon rewards to all Advanced and Expert Mann vs. Machine tours. Previously only available on the Two Cities tour.
- Fixed the Australium Scattergun using the fire material.
- Updated the Australium Grenade Launcher to fix the wood material being shiny.
- Updated the materials for the Australium Minigun.
- Fixed the Australium Minigun and Scattergun materials.
- Fixed Australium weapons not drawing correctly in the character loadout screen.
December 21, 2017 Patch (Smissmas 2017)
- [Undocumented] Australium weapons can now be Festivized.
- Fixed Australium Medigun(sic)/Wrench items not dropping for the Mann vs. Machine rewards.
Australium Scattergun variant first person view.
Australium Force-a-Nature variant first person view.
Australium Rocket Launcher variant first person view.
Australium Black Box variant first person view.
Australium Flame Thrower variant first person view.
Australium Axtinguisher variant first person view.
Australium Grenade Launcher variant first person view.
Australium Stickybomb Launcher variant first person view.
Australium Eyelander variant first person view.
Australium Eyelander variant first person view with Chargin' Targe.
Australium Eyelander variant first person view with Splendid Screen (Classic Style).
Australium Eyelander variant first person view with Tide Turner.
Australium Frontier Justice variant first person view.
Australium Frontier Justice with Gunslinger equipped variant first person view.
Australium Wrench variant first person view.
RED Australium Blutsauger variant first person view.
BLU Australium Blutsauger variant first person view.
RED Australium Medi Gun variant first person view.
Australium Sniper Rifle variant first person view.
Australium SMG variant first person view.
RED Australium Ambassador variant first person view.
BLU Australium Ambassador variant first person view.
RED Australium Knife variant first person view.
An Australium Sniper Rifle as featured on the Day 1 page.
An Australium Minigun as seen in the last seconds of the Sound of Medicine video.