Once started, the player begins dancing in place in a ready position as a fiddle plays the opening bars on a loop or holds a sustained note. When another player, regardless of team or if they own the taunt (including bots), taunts in front of them, the two will link arms and perform a square dance accompanied by the fiddle playing a reel. Taunting again or jumping before another player accepts will end the taunt.
For the voice lines of each class, please refer to the respective class taunts pages.
Do 10 partner taunts with a teammate while capturing a control point.
|May I Cut In, Too?|
Melee kill 10 players while they are doing the Square Dance taunt.
- Square Dance was added to the game.
- Sometimes the animations for the Square Dance will not play correctly, and will instead show the idle animation of the class currently in the taunt.
- Occasionally, The Spy will have one of his weapons out during the idle animation.
- If an Engineer dies during the dance, the shooting sound effect of his finger guns will still play.
- The animations for the Square Dance and several other taunts added in the Love and War Update were added to the game in the Scream Fortress 2013 event, as shown in this video uploaded on November 1st, 2013.
- Various classes have different reactions to the taunt.
- At the end of the dance animation, if at least one of the players is an Engineer, he will pretend to pull pistols out of his pockets then proceed to shoot them in the air, this is accompanied by a gunfire sound effect. This is most likely a reference to the fact that the Engineer is from Texas where square-dancing is a popular style of dance.
- At the end of the dance animation, if at least one of the players is a Pyro, they will throw fire out of their hand.
- The Demoman will appear to be drunk during this taunt.
- If at least one of the players is a Spy, he will show major disgust and embarrassment when initiating the taunt, during the taunt and after the taunt has finished.