When the player selects it from the taunt menu, the Engineer poses akimbo while a Toolbox unfolds into a lawn chair beside him, complete with several beer bottles and a small umbrella. The Engineer then lies on the chair and proceeds to relax by sipping a beer, belching and saying the occasional voice line. The taunt continues until canceled by the player, in which case the Engineer will rise from his chair in surprise while it sparks and folds back into a toolbox. Any outside forces (such as a Pistol shot) will instantly cancel the taunt, regardless of whether or not the Engineer has sat down or is getting up.
- Rancho Relaxo was added to the game.
- Fixed a timing problem with the Rancho Relaxo taunt animation.
- Fixed some taunt sound effects that were clipping the character lines.
- [Undocumented] Action taunts no longer drop for Premium account players.
- Fixed incorrect particle position for Unusual taunt effects when using the Racho Relaxo( )
- On occasion, a player will appear to be stuck in the Rancho Relaxo animation after holding the taunt between rounds. This hinders gameplay in that the hitboxes do not correspond with the model.
- Entering on a Teleporter and using the Rancho Relaxo when the player is about to be teleported will cause the weapon FOV to change. This can be fixed by switching classes or dying.
- Using this taunt while the respawn rooms switch teams (i.e. on Payload) will cause the Engineer to sit sideways.
- When taunting on moving platforms, the Engineer will move with the platform, while the chair may stay where he was sitting.
- Sometimes the bottle will lift into the air without the Engineer's hand moving.
- If the Engineer spins fast and uses the taunt, the Engineer might not be on the chair.
- Activating the taunt in front of an enemy using a partner taunt will cause the color of the chair to be the enemy team's.
- If this taunt is used while in the Loadout Menu, only the Engineer will be visible.
- The chair will not appear while inspecting the taunt from the backpack menu.
- The name of this item is a reference to a spa of the same name from the animated sitcom The Simpsons.
- The Rancho Relaxo umbrella texture is a modified version of the Hard Counter texture, a cosmetic item for the Heavy.
- The Rancho Relaxo was first shown in a blog post about a new comic.