Voodoo-Cursed Souls are cosmetic items for every class that transform them into zombies. They make the classes appear decayed and rotting, with dull green skin color. At least two of every class' limbs have exposed bones. In addition, Scout, Soldier and Heavy have some of their internal organs exposed, Engineer is missing most of his shirt and chest flesh, Sniper has his brain exposed under his hat, and Pyro and Spy have only their skeletons remaining. The souls also give special voice lines for the Scout and Soldier.
Most Voodoo-Cursed Soul models also have one or more visible features that reference certain wounds or injuries classes have in the Meet the Team movies.
These items can only be worn on Full Moons or Halloween; at other times of the year, they do not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, they can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when they are not visible during games.
They are available in Unique and Haunted quality. During the Spectral Halloween Special and Scream Fortress V, they were given to players who opened a Pile Of Curses. They can currently be obtained from Halloween Packages and Halloween Transmutes.
|Voodoo-Cursed Scout Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Soldier Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Pyro Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Demoman Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Heavy Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Engineer Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Medic Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Sniper Soul|
|Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul|
- The Voodoo-Cursed Souls were added to the game.
- Made Voodoo-Cursed Souls renameable.
- Re-enabled the crafting recipes for zombie costumes.
- [Undocumented] Fixed a bug related to Voodoo-Cursed Souls appearing bugged while ÜberCharged.
- Users of a Voodoo-Cursed Soul will never explode into gibs, and will always turn into a ragdoll even if killed by a damage source that usually causes gibbing. This is because no gibs exist for Voodoo-Cursed Souls.
- The Voodoo-Cursed Souls have their own equip region that does not conflict with other regions, so they can be equipped together with items which are worn on the missing clothing and body parts, have colors that have to stay together with regular classes models' colors, or simply clip with them.
- The Voodoo-Cursed Scout and Pyro Souls, however, also occupy the "feet" and "Pyro head replacement" regions respectively.
- Currently, Voodoo-Cursed Souls will not change the player's skin when the server has
tf_forced_holiday 1, thus showing parts of the soul clipping with the original player model. However, this does not occur on Halloween, Full Moons, or if the server has or .
- When cloaking with a Voodoo-Cursed Soul equipped, the player's normal skin will also cloak, causing the normal skin and Voodoo-Cursed Soul skin to overlap. This results in z-fighting and model clipping.
- When playing on DirectX 8, any parts of the Voodoo-Cursed Soul that are normally "carved in", such as the holes and bones on the model, will be visible on the class selection menu, loadout menu, and 3D class portrait. This does not affect the in-game model, however.