Voodoo-Cursed Souls are cosmetic items for every class that transform them into zombies. They make the classes appear decayed and rotting, with dull green skin color. At least two of every class' limbs have exposed bones. In addition, Scout, Soldier and Heavy have some of their internal organs exposed, Engineer is missing most of his shirt and chest flesh, Sniper has his brain exposed under his hat, and Pyro and Spy have only their skeletons remaining. The souls also affect the classes' voices, making them sound slower and deeper, and give the Scout and Soldier special voice lines.
Most Voodoo-Cursed Soul models also have one or more visible features that reference certain wounds or injuries classes have in the Meet the Team movies.
These items can only be worn on Full Moons or Halloween; at other times of the year, they do not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, they can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when they are not visible during games.
- The Voodoo-Cursed Souls were added to the game.
- Made Voodoo-Cursed Souls renameable.
- Re-enabled the crafting recipes for zombie costumes.
- Currently, all Voodoo-Cursed Souls will not change the player's skin when the server has
tf_forced_holiday 1, thus showing parts of the soul clipping with the original player model. However, this does not occur on Halloween, Full Moons, or if the server has or .
- The Voodoo-Cursed Souls have their own equip region that does not conflict with other regions, so they can be equipped together with items which are worn on the missing clothing and body parts, have colours that have to stay together with regular classes models' colors, or simply clip with them.