Ghost Town has multiple variations, including Mann vs. Machine.
|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|Release date:||October 26, 2012 Patch|
(Spectral Halloween Special)
|Health Kits:||×2 • ×5|
|Ammo Boxes:||×4 • ×12|
Your robot attackers have been replaced by a single apocalyptic wave of zombies! How many zombies? How does 666 sound, fear friends? Because it sounds like a candy-ass pile of crap to us! 666 is where we started. But where we ended was MORE THAN EIGHT HUNDRED!
Ghost Town is a Mann vs. Machine map was released as part of the Spectral Halloween Special update. Ghost Town is set at night, with pumpkins, gravestones, and other Halloween-themed objects scattered around. It is unique in that all robots on the map are reskinned to look like zombies, though this is purely cosmetic. The map contains only 1 mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper. As it is not playable in Mann Up mode, there is no reward for completing this mission.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
The Upgrade Station as it appears in Ghost Town
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- Added Ghost Town to the game.
- Added mission Calignious Caper.
- Renamed mvm_coaltown_event to mvm_ghost_town to fix a problem with voting for challenges in MvM when on Coal Town.
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress 2016)
- Fixed Mann vs. Machine zombies not using the correct skin in Ghost Town outside of the Halloween event.
mvm_ghost_townto fix error models in the spawn rooms
mvm_ghost_townto fix the cube maps.
- When playing with minimal HUD, the bar on the top does not display correctly.
- Some of the zombie reskins encountered on this map do not have an animation for jumping into the bomb hatch; as a result, they appear to simply vanish when the wave is failed.
- When Halloween mode is disabled, the zombies appear as humans.
- Sentry Busters spawn with Demoman's zombified upper arms levitating at their sides, and Spine-Chilling Skull hats on their invisible heads when Halloween mode is activated.
- This can also happen to the Critical Demoknights, appearing to have a Sentry Buster model, but they cannot explode and attack normally.
- At the robot's left drop point, knocking them back may cause them to become stuck in the ground and therefore invulnerable.
- There is a medkit and an ammobox that are unreachable without
- There is a second version of Caliginous Caper available for this map that does not contain zombies, has slightly different robots, and ends early before every bot is dead.