||Mann vs. Machine
||October 26, 2012
||November 10, 2016
| Health Kits:
|| ×2 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×4 • ×12
Your robot attackers have been replaced by a single apocalyptic wave of zombies! How many zombies? How does 666 sound, fear friends? Because it sounds like a candy-ass pile of crap
to us! 666 is where we started. But where we ended was MORE THAN EIGHT HUNDRED!
Ghost Town is a map that was released on October 26, 2012, as part of the Spectral Halloween Special update. It is designed for the game mode Mann vs. Machine. Ghost Town is set at night, with pumpkins, gravestones, and other Halloween-themed objects scattered around. It is unique in that all robots on the map are reskinned to look like zombies, though this is purely cosmetic. The map contains only 1 mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper. As it is not playable in Mann Up mode, there is no reward for completing this mission.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- Added Ghost Town to the game.
- Added mission Calignious Caper.
July 10, 2013 Patch
- Renamed mvm_coaltown_event to mvm_ghost_town to fix a problem with voting for challenges in MvM when on Coal Town.
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress 2016)
- Fixed Mann vs. Machine zombies not using the correct skin in Ghost Town outside of the Halloween event.
October 25, 2016 Patch
mvm_ghost_town to fix error models in the spawn rooms
November 10, 2016 Patch
mvm_ghost_town to fix the cube maps.
- When playing with minimal HUD, the bar on the top will not display correctly.
- Some of the zombie reskins encountered on this map do not have an animation for jumping into the bomb hatch; as a result, they appear to simply vanish when the wave is failed.
- When Halloween mode is disabled, the zombies will appear as humans.
- Sentry Busters will spawn with Demoman's zombified upper arms levitating at their sides, and Spine-Chilling Skull hats on their invisible heads when Halloween mode is activated.
- This can also happen to the Critical Demoknights, appearing to have a Sentry Buster model, but can't explode and attacks normally.
- At the robot's left drop point, knocking them back may cause them to become stuck in the ground and therefore invulnerable.
- There is a medkit and an ammobox that are unreachable without
- There is a second version of Caliginous Caper available for this map that does not contain zombies, has slightly different robots, and ends early before every bot is dead.