Halloween mode is a server mode which enables Full Moon and enables spawning of the Horseless Headless Horsemann, MONOCULUS, and Merasmus. Halloween mode is automatically enabled during yearly Halloween events taking place for roughly 2 weeks at the end of October. It can manually be enabled on servers by using the setting
tf_forced_holiday 2 in the server.cfg file.
- Players are allowed to equip Full Moon/Halloween restricted items.
- When a player taunts, they may do the Thriller taunt at random.
- Added a Halloween edition called Koth_Harvest_Event
- Contains a variety of Halloween related features: New hats, achievements, exploding pumpkins, ghosts, and more!
- Halloween 2010 Event
- Mann Manor is haunted by the Horseless Headless Horsemann.
- Random gift drop in Mann Manor.
- 4 new Halloween achievements.
- Added new Halloween hats. (Halloween Masks, Saxton Hale Mask, Ghastlier Gibus, Voodoo Juju, Spine-Chilling Skull, Horrific Headsplitter, Horseless Headless Horsemann's Head, Cadaver's Cranium)
- Halloween 2011 Event
- Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
- One full multi-piece costume set has been added for each class
- Random gifts containing costume pieces drop in Eyeaduct on registered servers
- 2 new Halloween 2011 achievements
- Any unusual hats uncrated during the event will be Halloween-themed
- New Halloween-themed items are available in the Mann Co. store, but only for a limited time!
- Scream Fortress Event 2012
- Mann vs. Machine
- Added the map Mvm_coaltown_event with a special Halloween mission
tf_forced_holiday 2should be enabled via server.cfg or before changing to a Halloween event map. Enabling Halloween mode whilst the map is running may cause the server to crash from a non-preloaded model.
tf_forced_holiday 2can also be used to enable spawning of the Horseless Headless Horsemann and MONOCULUS in any map with
- When used outside of the official event period, gifts will not spawn on the Eyeaduct, Ghost Fort, and Mann Manor event maps.