|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
Notes: update history
Halloween mode is a server mode which enables Full Moon and enables spawning of the Horseless Headless Horsemann, MONOCULUS, and Merasmus. Halloween mode is automatically enabled during yearly Halloween events taking place for roughly 2 weeks at the end of October. It can manually be enabled on servers by using the setting
tf_forced_holiday 2 in the server.cfg file.
October 29, 2009 Patch
(Haunted Hallowe'en Special
- Added a Halloween edition called Harvest Event
- Contains a variety of Halloween related features: New hats, achievements, exploding pumpkins, ghosts, and more!
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
- Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
- One full multi-piece costume set has been added for each class
- Random gifts containing costume pieces drop in Eyeaduct on registered servers
- 2 new Halloween 2011 achievements
- Any unusual hats uncrated during the event will be Halloween-themed
- New Halloween-themed items are available in the Mann Co. store, but only for a limited time!
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
October 29, 2013 Patch (Scream Fortress 2013)
October 29, 2014 Patch (Scream Fortress VI)
- Help Merasmus with his carnival on the new map Carnival of Carnage
- 50 new Halloween-themed cosmetics from the Steam workshop
- Added 6 new achievements
- All Unusual hats and taunts that are unboxed during the event will receive Halloween-themed Unusual effects
- Added Halloween crates to the Mann Co. Store. These crates do not require a key to open
- Added a new comic to the Team Fortress 2 website
October 28, 2015 Patch (Scream Fortress VII)
October 21, 2016 Patch (Scream Fortress VIII)
October 26, 2017 Patch (Scream Fortress IX)
- Free Halloween contracts and rewards added to the ConTracker
October 19, 2018 Patch (Scream Fortress X)
October 10, 2019 Patch (Scream Fortress XI)
tf_forced_holiday 2 should be enabled via server.cfg or before changing to a Halloween event map. Enabling Halloween mode whilst the map is running may cause the server to crash from a non-preloaded model.
tf_forced_holiday 2 can also be used to enable spawning of the Horseless Headless Horsemann and MONOCULUS in any map with