Halloween mode is a Holiday mode that enables various cosmetic changes when enabled. Halloween mode is automatically enabled in association with yearly Halloween events that takes place within October and early November, as well as during Full Moons.
This mode can manually be enabled by server operators with the server variable
It can also be enabled on a server for two hours by using the Enchantment: Eternaween item, which will start a vote to temporarily enable the spirit of Halloween.
- Equipped Full Moon/Halloween restricted items become visible to all players.
- Applied Halloween Spell effects become active.
- When a player performs a weapon taunt, they may do the Thriller taunt at random.
- Health pickups are replaced with Halloween-themed versions.
- For the Halloween mode to function in maps other than Halloween-themed ones, the server variable
tf_forced_holidayshould be set to
2. It is recommended to set the variable before changing to a non-Halloween-themed map, because enabling the mode whilst a map is running may cause the server to crash from a non-preloaded model.