Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul
No coffin can contain me.
— The Voodoo-Cursed Spy
The Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul is a cosmetic item for the Spy. It transforms him into a zombie. However, it appears that only the Spy's skeleton remains, despite this the shapes of the Spy's ears and nose can clearly been seen through his balaclava. The bones of his upper right arm and both knees can be seen through his torn suit. He also has matching, bloody vertical wounds on the front and back of his chest, as if having been run through by a large knife, such as seen in Meet the Sniper.
This item can only be worn around Halloween or during a Full Moon; at other times of the year, it does not appear in gameplay, unless the server has Halloween mode enabled. However, it can be equipped at any time and can still be viewed on the loadout screen even when it is not visible during games.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- [Undocumented] The Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul was added to the game.
- This item made its first appearance on the TF2 website homepage. Clicking it would lead to a hidden page.
- The skull is not set up for facial flexes, and does not move when the Spy speaks.
- The Voodoo-Cursed Spy Soul has an unused bloodied face texture. It can still, however, be seen in-game through the DirectX 8 bug.
- This was later used for the Beaten and Bruised (only visible when equipping it alongside this item).