Friendly-Fire is a way that players can help their Steam friends complete Team Fortress 2 Contracts when they play together on the same Valve server. Basically, with Friendly-Fire in play, anything a player does that fulfills any requirement on a friend's activated Contract counts as progress on that friend's Contract (just as if that friend had done that action). For example, a player with weak Sniper skills could complete a Sniper Contract with Friendly-Fire help from a friend who is an expert Sniper.
- Friends may use the Casual Mode matchmaking feature to arrange parties to play together on the same server.
- A player does not have to have the same Contract activated as a Friend (or any Contract activated at all) to help that friend with Friendly-Fire.
- A player does not have to have premium Contract access to help a friend with a premium Contract.
- If a player does have premium Contract access, their premium Campaign Tracking item counts up the Friendly-Fire Campaign Points the player contributes to friends.
- Friendly-Fire Contract Points that a player receives from friends briefly appear in green text announcements on the player's HUD.