||King of the Hill
||October 20, 2017
||October 20, 2017
| Health Kits:
|| ×5 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×5 • ×2
Koth_brazil, une map koth qui se déroule dans une base secrete dans la jungle, les joueurs se battent pour le contrôle du radar.
(Roughly translates to: Koth_brazil, a koth map that takes place in a secret base in the jungle, players fight for control of the radar.)
— Steam Workshop description
Brazil is a community-made King of the Hill map released during the Jungle Inferno Update.
A portion of the money made from sales of Jungle Inferno Campaign Pass for the Jungle Inferno campaign goes to the authors of this map.
Central Locations/Control Area
Dish pit, Back Road, Underpass, Overpass, Control Point, and Hurg Perch.BLU and RED (outside to inside):
Coal House, Alley, Catwalk, Inside Route doorway.
Note: If you're having trouble with finding the locations listed here, you can scroll down to the Helpful overview section to see their exact position marked on the map.
The Control point is elevated and has no cover except for that elevation; that is to say, it is more protected from enemy players on the ground right next to the point than it is from those that can fire from protective cover far away.
While most previous King of the Hill Maps have a shallow building that cuts clear across the map defining an entrance yard for each team's spawn, here, a sprawling building complex holds a three-dimensional maze of disorienting passages from a small yard to just outside the wide open Control Area.
As a 90 degree symmetrical map, locations are described as inside (nearest or between the team spawns) or outside (farthest or away from the team spawns). The inside corner is the Hurg Perch and the outside corner is the Dish.
- Spawn Yard: As Spawn Yards go, this one is particularly shallow; each of the three Spawn Gates opens directly to the matching one of the three Yard Exits: the Outside Exit to the widest route to the Coal House next to the point, a Middle Exit, and the Inside Exit, which is on the side nearest the enemy Spawn.
- Spawn Routes
- Outside Route: This outside route is the most direct route to the Coal House. From the Spawn Yard, the Outside Exit opens on the Gate 1 room, which has exits to the entry room of the Middle Route and the Alley. Passing around a jutting corner, players enter the room with Gate 3 and Gate 4. From here the Main Staircase rises to the interior of the Coal House.
- Middle Route: The Middle Exit opens on a room with a doorway to the Gate 1 room and Stairs to the Inside Route, and the route continues out another doorway to the automatic Exit gate and through that into the Alley.
- Inside Route: This route is a straight, if narrow, path to the Hurg Perch; its relatively straight line is only broken with the dogleg around the wall of the Stairwell.
Overview from spawn side.
BLU Spawn Yard: (left) Outside Exit, Middle Exit, Inside Exit (right).
Gate 1 room; and Middle Exit to Alley.
Gate 3 & Gate 4 room. Small Health Kit. Small Ammo Case.
Main Stairs up to interior of the Coal House.
- Certain forward locations are involved in the struggle to control the perimeter of the Control Area; the team that controls most of these locations controls the point:
- Coal House (Rio Grande Coal Co.): The Coal House is the primary Engineer nest location. Its possible weakness is enemy flanks from the Alley or Vault Room up the Main Stairs.
- Vault Room: This is the widest room of the upper story, and with the small Ammo Pickup, it is a secondary nest location. It is more secure than either the Coal House or the Hurg Perch, but it's farther from the point.
- Catwalk: The Catwalk is a connecting link from just outside the Hurg Perch to the far end of the Vault Room. Thus, this route is used as a flank in both directions against either position.
- The Catwalk has a clear line of fire covering the entire point.
- There is boarded fence cover at each end of the Catwalk; however, the player's head is exposed unless crouching.
- Alley: The Alley may be seen as the shortest rush back into the action after respawning; but it is low and exposed, meant to be crossed in a hurry.
- Hurg Perch (or Data Center): This second-story position is the closest and clearest shot at the point. It also commands the Control Area.
- Once the Hurg Perch is secure, it is a relatively easy jump from the Hurg Perch to the point for technical Jumpers; and all classes can make the running jump the other way from the point to the Hurg Perch (Heavy will have to crouch-jump).
Vault Room. Medium Health Kit. Small Ammo Case.
Alley: Stairwell, Catwalk & Inside Route, Middle Exit, Gate 3 & 4 Exit.
- Control Area
- Back Road: A straight path from one Coal House to the other; it gives cover from any enemy in the second story of the buildings, but is exposed to the Dish Pitfall.
- Underpass: A sheltered low road on the centerline between the Hurg Perch and the Dish, it has a Small Health Kit at each end.
- Overpass: The exposed High Road between the Coal Houses and the stairs to the point, hidden from the Hurg Perch, the bridge can be used defensively to keep the enemy away from those stairs.
- Control point: A very exposed "hill", the Control point completely covers the elevated platform that can only be accessed by two narrow stairs or by Jumping.
Control point, Dish, and Control Area.
Control point viewed from Hurg Perch.
Hurg Perch interior. Small Ammo Case.
6.Vault Room (Above the Alley)
8.Hurg Perch (Data Center)
Red diagonal lines: Red spawnroom
Blu diagonal lines: Blu spawnroom
Yellow circle: Hill/Control point
Control Point Timing
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
Mar 26, 2016 @ 5:38am
Mar 21, 2016 @ 8:40am
October 20, 2017 Patch #1 (Jungle Inferno Update)
- Added Brazil to the game.
- The installation that the mercenaries are fighting over is a miniature version of the famous jungle Arecibo Observatory, decommissioned in 2020, that performed radio and radar astronomy.