The Dragon's Fury is a primary weapon for the Pyro. It is a black-and-team-colored flamethrower with a large, wide barrel, a cylindrical gas tank, and pneumatic tubing on the side. A visible pressure gauge is built into the side of the weapon; the gauge's meter is affected by firing the weapon or using a compression blast.
Acting as a single-shot, projectile-based Flamethrower, the Dragon's Fury carries 40 "rounds" instead of the 200 fuel carried by the Pyro's other primary weapons. Primary fire (default: MOUSE1) uses 1 round and launches a quick, short-range (526 HU) fireball projectile that travels 206 kmh. These projectiles cause a brief light flash effect near the Pyro and any point of impact.
The hitbox is large enough that enemies standing near or on top of the Pyro can be hit by shots and, like normal flames, the shot can penetrate players and buildings alike.
Each fireball inflicts around the same damage as a Flare Gun shot, and causes enemies to suffer Afterburn for a short time, even enemy Pyros (albeit for a slightly shorter time than for other classes). Hitting an enemy that is already on fire deals triple damage, so long as the middle of the "fireball" connects. Any hit to any enemy or building causes the weapon to load the next shot in 2/3 of the normal time (Giving an overall 50% faster attack speed). Attacking buildings or the Tank Robot causes 75 damage per hit and triggers the fast reload, making it an effective demolition weapon. Hitting more than one target with the same fireball does not decrease the reload time any further.
The triple damage dealt is not to be confused with a Critical Hit; it is simply a damage multiplier. So, while the Dragon's Fury cannot deal random critical hits itself, any other effect that will cause Critical or Mini-Critical damage will multiply the damage further; a full critical hit from the Dragon's Fury will deal 225 damage if it hits a burning player.
Alt-Fire (default key: MOUSE2) uses 5 rounds and performs a standard compression blast, but requires twice the normal reload time before being able to fire either a fireball or compression blast again.
As the Dragon's Fury's projectile is considered a modified rocket, the fireball can be reflected by enemy Pyros, and vaporized by the Short Circuit.
In Pyroland, the fireballs appear as a large bunch of lollipops and rainbow swirls.
The Dragon's Fury can be found through random drops. Alternatively, it can be earned via completing The Pyroland contract "The Dragon's Fury", which grants an untradable and unmarketable Dragon's Fury as a contract reward, or to use a Dragon Slayer War Paint (obtainable from the Mercenary Park Contract "Mercenary World") to generate a tradable and marketable skinned Dragon's Fury.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Ranged or Melee damage?
||28 - 30
| Medium range
||23 - 25
||34 - 40
||4 / tick
||5 / tick
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
Kill a Pyro who has airblasted one of your rockets in the last 10 seconds.
||Hot on Your Heels|
Kill 50 enemies with your flamethrower, from behind.
As a Pyro, reset the bomb 3 times in a single wave.
October 20, 2017 Patch #1
(Jungle Inferno Update
- Added the Dragon's Fury to the game.
October 23, 2017 Patch
- Fixed a client crash related to the Dragon's Fury.
October 25, 2017 Patch
- Updated The Dragon's Fury such that extinguishing a teammate will return 20 health to the Pyro, matching other flamethrowers.
October 27, 2017 Patch
- Removed the "Faster recharge rate" upgrades from The Dragon's Fury
- Fixed the missing "Increased Airblast Push Force" upgrade on The Dragon's Fury
October 30, 2017 Patch
- Fixed a bug related to the Dragon's Fury projectiles not hitting enemies.
December 13, 2017 Patch
- Fixed not being able to fire the Dragon's Fury in some areas (e.g. the control point on Nucleus).
- Fixed not being able to light Huntsman arrows with the Dragon's Fury.
- Fixed Dragon's Fury projectiles not fizzling when hitting water.
December 21, 2017 Patch (Smissmas 2017)
March 28, 2018 Patch #1
- The size/radius of the fireball has been reduced by 25%.
- Bonus damage against a burning target now requires the fireball's center to make contact with the target's hitbox.
- Fixed the Dragon's Fury not giving health when attacking an enemy under the effects of Mad Milk.
- Added The Dragon's Fury to the list of weapons used when generating Killstreak Kits in Mann vs. Machine.
April 26, 2018 Patch
- Added the Dragon's Fury to the list of weapons that can be found via random drops.
- [Undocumented] Changed attribute:
- Changed from Deals +300% damage to burning players to Deals 300% damage to burning players.
- Weapon functionality is unchanged.
- The Dragon's Fury can potentially lag or freeze the player using it for a second while firing.
- This is because the max particle count of the Fireball is set to 1000.
r_maxdlights to 0 will fix this issue. Because there are no other dynamic lights, there are no significant visual changes.
- The projectile can go through thin walls such as setup gates when fired at a correct angle.
- The attribute Deals 300% damage to burning players is incorrect; the bonus damage also applies to buildings and other non-player targets. In reality it is likely that the bonus damage is really the base damage of the weapon, and that hits against non burning players is reduced.
- Dragon Slayer skins of the weapon will not be sorted by Quality, as it is an Elite Grade weapon and is sorted by Decorated quality.
- The Festivized variant's icon is team-colored (red icon on RED, blue icon on BLU) instead of being a single color.
- The attribute No random critical hits is missing.
- The fireball projectile can become harmless by colliding with certain projectiles. Specifically rockets, needles, Huntsman arrows, Rescue Ranger bolts, flares, and the Fireball spell.
- When killed/killing via reflecting the weapon's projectile, this weapons shows a reflected rocket kill-icon in the killfeed.
- The projectile can collide with certain invisible map elements that it is supposed to pass through, effectively making the projectile disappear mid-air in some map locations. Examples include the lowest level of the wooden platforms near the rocks on both of the second control points on Gullywash, and the room with a raised pathway near the final red spawn on Frontier.
- The Dragon's Fury was teased several times before Day 3 of the Jungle Inferno Update, where it was officially announced. It can be seen a couple of times on the second day of the Jungle Inferno teaser page: once in a pile of weapons near the middle of the page, and a second time in the Pyro's hands at the cosmetic showcase at the bottom of the page.
- The weapon's unconventional firing mechanic, when compared to other flamethrowers, closely resembles that of the Incendiary Cannon from Team Fortress Classic.
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Golden Frying Pan
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
, Prinny Machete
) · Axtinguisher
) · Homewrecker
) · Powerjack · Back Scratcher · Sharpened Volcano Fragment · Third Degree · Lollichop · Neon Annihilator · Hot Hand