Half a decade in the making, Lazarus is a Jungle map set on a volcanic island in Southeast Asia, revolving around RED & BLU's island bases and the archaeological dig site they're fighting over in search of the Fountain of Youth!
— Steam Workshop description
Lazarus is a community-made King of the Hill map released during the Jungle Inferno Update. The teams are fighting to unlock the Fountain of Youth. Winning the round opens the door in front of the point to reveal the Fountain.
A portion of the money made from sales of Jungle Inferno Campaign Pass for the Jungle Inferno campaign goes to the authors of this map.
Control Point timing
| Control Point
This is the changelog of the map before it was added to the game.
May 9 @ 11:40am
May 13 @ 12:08am / Release Candidate 1
- Increased volume of waterfalls at mid.
- Disabled collisions on handrails in the side halls.
- Extremely thorough clipping second pass.
- Added more cubemap sources.
- Optimized additional prop fades.
- Reduced volume of hologram hum in spawns.
May 30 @ 7:00pm / Release Candidate 2
- Prop fade optimization.
- Changed areaportals in the submarine bays to areaportal windows.
- Added filler overlays beneath the ivy and vines.
- Fixed continuity error in arrow placement.
- Fixed lower tunnel route to have a more apparent barrier.
- Changed high route entrance to be more visible out of spawn while also fixing vis optimization from mid.
- Additional hint optimization.
- Fixed clipping on certain pillars in the hallways.
Jun 20 @ 3:48am / Release Candidate 3
- Removed the point_push from the top of the spires at mid and replaced with a func_nobuild to stop the spires from throwing off jumpers.
- Closed off outer-mid-route windows to improve optimization.
- Improved signage.
- Changed paint patches underneath medkits and ammo to white to improve readability.
- Fixed clipping in the stairs leading up to the top of the cave ruins paths.
- Changed ladders to appear less like a way up.
- Fixed the floating monitor in spawns.
- Improved skycards.
- Fixed some faces with incorrect cubemaps.
- Additional detailing and asset refinement.
Jul 12 @ 1:16am / Release Candidate 4
- Updated submarine bay routes to improve optimization.
- Rehauled hint/skip brushes, thanks to UEAKCrash for the feedback!
- Fixed a hole in brushwork in the RED grate room.
- Optimized prop fades.
- Reduced detail sprites by 33%.
- Fixed a playerclip ledge on the submarine bay route doors.
- Updated 3d skybox.
- Updated tower overlooking mid.
- Added new rooftop models by Sedi.
- Updated menu photos.
- Minor detail additions.
October 20, 2017 Patch #1 (Jungle Inferno Update)
- Added Lazarus to the game.
October 23, 2017 Patch
- Fixed an issue with map-specific sprites not loading.
The fountain of youth, unlocked after a team wins the round.