|Map type||King of the Hill|
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||October 20, 2017|
|Last updated:||October 23, 2017|
- fuzzymellow -
|Environment:||Jungle, tropical, industrial|
|Health Kits:||×6 • ×7|
|Ammo Boxes:||×8 • ×6 • ×2|
Lazarus is a community-made King of the Hill map released during the Jungle Inferno Update. The teams are fighting to unlock the Fountain of Youth. Winning the round opens the door in front of the point to reveal the Fountain.
A portion of the money made from sales of Jungle Inferno Campaign Pass for the Jungle Inferno campaign goes to the authors of this map.
This map is a 90 degree symmetrical King of the Hill. As such, between the main or High Routes to the point are an inside corner towards the mountain and an outside corner towards the sea.
- The Labs: Each team Spawn is located within a high-tech Global Headquarters and "antiquities" research facility having only two close-set spawn exits.
- The Yard: A wide yard for spreading players from the Spawn to the Yard exits:
- An inside exit through the Corridor towards the more direct High Route to the Control Point, passing the flank exit to the Digs.
- A middle exit through the Garage to the Low Route.
- An outside exit through the Corridor to the Rope Bridge and Cliffside Route.
- The Corridor: A long battlements hallway that laterally connects all passages between the Spawn and the point except for the Garage.
- The Subs: At the outside (ocean) end of the Corridor, a cave room connects upper and lower levels, passing by a secret submarine base; the upper door provides a Sniper camp, the lower door provides a lengthy flank to the point ... or a flank the other way up to the Corridor.
- The Digs: Near the inside (point) end of the Corridor, a cave provides an elevated flank to the edge of the point, but with limited view of the point.
- The Garage: A single dogleg passage underneath the Corridor.
- The Altar: This Balcony over the Plunge into the Dead Pool provides an outside flank to the point, or to the other Spawn.
- The Stairs: An outside flank to the point.
- The Stage: An inside flank to the point.
- The Alcoves: Recessed positions directly beneath the upper exits from The Digs, each with small Ammo and Health Pickups.
- The Fountain of Youth: The Fountain of Youth room is a map novelty that opens only during Humiliation.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: Needs more General and class strategies.
Control Point timing
- Added Lazarus to the game.
- Fixed an issue with map-specific sprites not loading.
- Several models of the "Willys C" jeep appear on the map. This vehicle was a staple of contemporary jungle adventure movies and television of the 1950s and 1960s. The models have the number 81344 written on the passenger side of the chassis, referencing the approximate date on which the Willys C was introduced, August 13, 1944.