The Hot Hand is a melee weapon for the Pyro. It is a grey, heavy, fire-resistant glove with reflective yellow and silver bands on the wrist and soot-darkened fingertips. It appears similar to the gloves worn by real-life firemen.
Unlike other melee weapons, pressing primary fire (default key: MOUSE1) causes two consecutive melee attacks. The weapon deals less damage than the Fire Axe, which is split between the two slaps (28 x 2, for a total of 56 damage).
Upon hitting an enemy with this weapon, the player gains a very short speed boost (similarly to the Disciplinary Action, but only lasts for 1 second rather than 3 seconds) and the hit is announced in the kill feed, similar to the Holy Mackerel and the Unarmed Combat. Kills with this weapon are shown as "SLAP KILL!" in the killfeed; like the aforementioned weapons, this message does not show if the victim is a Spy using an active Dead Ringer.
Taunting with the Hot Hand equipped results in the Hadouken kill taunt.
Unlike the Gunboats, Gunslinger, Mantreads, Ali Baba's Wee Booties, and Bootlegger, the Hot Hand does not appear on the player model unless it is the Pyro's active weapon.
The Hot Hand is automatically given to any player who completes the Pyroland Contract "The Hot Hand".
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Ranged or Melee damage?
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
- The attribute -20% damage penalty is incorrect; the actual damage penalty is -14%.
- If the player assists a slap kill, the kill icon is not highlighted in the kill feed like other kills and assists.
- Taunt kills with the Hot Hand will announce both the taunt kill and "SLAP KILL!".
- The Hot Hand's viewmodel is not affected by the "Use minimized viewmodels" option.
- The Hot Hand does not appear when inspecting it from the backpack menu.
- Upon selecting the Hot Hand on Pyro's Loadout menu, and then switching back to another Melee weapon that is for all classes, their right hand is more elevated than normal when holding the other weapon; this is because their right arm is slightly more extended when using the Hot Hand, however, the game does not return to the proper right-hand position after going back to an all-class Melee weapon. This effect only happens on the Loadout menu, and the 3D Character HUD, but it does not happen in-game. The effect on the Loadout menu only goes back to normal after rebooting Team Fortress 2, while the effect on the 3D Character HUD goes back to normal after switching classes.
- The glove does not appear on a Pyro's hand after death and does not drop.
- During Halloween events, the Thriller taunt has a chance to replace the Hadouken taunt, when it does not normally replace taunt kills.
- The originally posted Jungle Inferno Update Day 4 stated "Added The Slap Attack" instead of "Added The Hot Hand". Valve later changed the update page to state "Added The Hot Hand" and added a burnt hole next to the changed text.
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Golden Frying Pan
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
, Prinny Machete
) · Axtinguisher
) · Homewrecker
) · Powerjack · Back Scratcher · Sharpened Volcano Fragment · Third Degree · Lollichop · Neon Annihilator · Hot Hand