The Hot Hand is a melee weapon for the Pyro. It is a grey rubber glove with two yellow bands on the wrist and soot-darkened fingertips. It appears similar to the gloves worn by real-life firemen.
Unlike other melee weapons, pressing primary fire (default key:MOUSE1) will cause two consecutive melee attacks. The weapon deals less damage than the Fire Axe, which is split between the two slaps (28 x 2, for a total of 56 damage).
Upon hitting an enemy with this weapon, the player gains a very short speed boost (similarly to the Disciplinary Action, but only lasts for 1 second rather than 3 seconds) and the hit is announced in the kill feed, similar to the Holy Mackerel and the Unarmed Combat. Kills with this weapon are shown as "SLAP KILL!" in the killfeed; like the aforementioned weapons, this message does not show if the victim is a Spy using an active Dead Ringer.
Taunting with the Hot Hand equipped will perform the Hadouken kill taunt.
Unlike the Gunboats, Mantreads, Ali Baba's Wee Booties and Bootlegger, the Hot Hand does not appear on your player model unless it is the active weapon the Pyro is holding.
The Hot Hand is automatically given to any player who completes the Pyroland Contract "The Hot Hand".
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Ranged or Melee damage?
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
October 20, 2017 Patch #1 (Jungle Inferno Update)
- Added the Hot Hand to the game.
January 3, 2018 Patch
- Fixed the Hot Hand not displaying the item level in its description.
March 28, 2018 Patch #1
April 26, 2018 Patch
- Added the Hot Hand to the list of weapons that can be found via random drops.
- Fixed the Hot Hand not glowing when crit-boosted.
- The attribute -20% damage penalty is incorrect; the actual damage penalty is -14%.
- If the player assists a slap kill, the kill icon will not be highlighted in the kill feed like other kills and assists.
- Taunt kills with the Hot Hand will announce "SLAP KILL!" in the second killfeed.
- The Hot Hand's viewmodel is not affected by the "Use minimized viewmodels" option.
- The Hot Hand doesn't appear when inspecting it from the backpack menu.
- Upon selecting the Hot Hand on Pyro's Loadout menu, and then switching back to another Melee weapon that is for all classes, their right hand will be more elevated than normal when holding the other weapon, this is because their right arm is slightly more extended when using the Hot Hand, however, the game doesn't return to the proper right-hand position after going back to an all-class Melee weapon. This effect only happens on the Loadout menu, and the 3D Character HUD, but it doesn't happen in-game. The effect on the Loadout menu only goes back to normal after rebooting TF2, while the effect on the 3D Character HUD goes back to normal after switching classes.
- The glove won't appear on a Pyro's hand after death.
- The Hot Hand was called the Slap Attack on the Jungle Inferno Day 4 Update page, likely referencing an old name considered during development but later scrapped in favor of its current one. Valve has since silently fixed the page.
, Conscientious Objector
, Freedom Staff
, Bat Outta Hell
, Memory Maker
, Ham Shank
, Golden Frying Pan
, Necro Smasher
, Crossing Guard
, Prinny Machete
) · Axtinguisher
) · Homewrecker
) · Powerjack · Back Scratcher · Sharpened Volcano Fragment · Third Degree · Lollichop · Neon Annihilator · Hot Hand