War Paint is an item which was added in the Jungle Inferno Update to replace campaign weapon drops and weapon cases, and was first showcased on Day 2 of the update. When one of nearly forty patterns is selected from a War Paint Case, it can be previewed on a weapon and applied to create a new unique weapon with the selected pattern. War Paints can also be obtained in Strange (Stat Tracking) or Unusual qualities. Paints and cases can be obtained through Blood Money from the Mercenary Park Gift Shop. War Paint and War Painted weapons have the Decorated quality.
Note: War Paint cannot be applied on existing weapons in your inventory. Upon using War Paint, a new item is created.
- War Paints obtained through the Mercenary Park Gift Shop cannot be of Strange (Stat Tracking) or Unusual qualities.
- Although War Paints all have a Grade, none of them can be used in a Trade-Up. This bug is currently preventing a number of Decorated weapons from being available within the Strange quality.
- Before the patch that fixed the rarities of mercenary grade War Paints appearing as civilian grade, civilian grade paints could be strangified using the Civilian grade Stat clock. Currently, the few weapons that were strangified, are now impossible to get unless unboxed. These painted weapons have a civilian grade border.
- Weapons made out of War Paints will not be marked as part of the corresponding collection in your Steam Inventory.
- Even though the new paints follow the same code as the previous skins, they can not be festivized besides the jag