|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This article documents content for Team Fortress 2 that was removed from the game. It may contain speculation, broken links or errors.
The mysterious treasures were crafting items that were added in the June 19, 2012 Patch. On the Pyromania Update, they were incinerated into small ash piles or otherwise visibly unaffected. Prior to the July 11, 2012 Patch four ash piles could be crafted together to form a Pile of Ash. Following this update, all of these items, with the exception of the Fireproof Secret Diary and the Barely-Melted Capacitor, were removed from the game. As of the Two Cities Update they are no longer automatically removed from players when starting Team Fortress 2, however they may still not be used in crafting.
- Goldfish (Roasted Goldfish)
- Pocket Lint (Charred Pocket Lint)
- Cheese Wheel (Smoked Cheese Wheel)
- Banana Peel (Burned Banana Peel)
- Barn Door Plank (Incinerated Barn Door Plank)
- Secret Diary (Fireproof Secret Diary) — not an ingredient for the Pile of Ash
- Damaged Capacitor (Barely-Melted Capacitor) — not an ingredient for the Pile of Ash
As a crafting ingredient
|Mysterious Treasures||Pile of Ash|
- Added the Mysterious Treasures to the game.
- All ash-related items have been faded away to dust.
- [Undocumented] All ash-related items no longer expire on login, but have been updated to indicate they can no longer be used in crafting.