|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date. You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide.
Notes: Multiple things got changed in the Tough Break Update.
The scoreboard is a screen accessible with on the Xbox 360, on the PlayStation 3) or at the end of a match when Tournament Mode is enabled. It displays player information, server name, team scores, duel score (if the player is running a duel), and so on. Information is given about each player, such as what team they are on, how many points they have, and what class they are playing as.(
- 1 Details
- 2 Mann Vs. Machine Scoreboard
- 3 Points
- 4 Related settings
- 5 Related achievements
- 6 Update history
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Bugs
- 9 Gallery
- 10 References
- Number of points each team has
- Steam avatar (if the player is currently friends with another player, it will show up that both are friends)
- Player class (only visible for teammates)
- Player score (See Points below)
- A user's ping. If the player is a bot, it will display the word 'BOT' in place of a ping number.
- Casual Mode/Competitive Mode medal if player is playing those modes.
- Number of dominations (set as trophies with a small number beside it)
- Dominated icon (if another player is dominating the player)
- Domination target (if the player is dominating another player)
- A portrait of the player's current class
- The player's name
- Assorted gameplay statistics
- Map name and Server name
Mann Vs. Machine Scoreboard
In Mann Vs. Machine, a different scoreboard appears with different information:
- Wave progress and enemies left in the wave
- Tour number (Mann Up mode only). Note: This is directly pulled from the relevant Tour of Duty badge.
- Score (see Points below)
- Damage (to robots only)
- Tank damage
- Support (See Points below)
- Credits collected
- Squad Surplus Voucher
- Class avatar
- Player name
- Mission name
Points are the basic scoring unit in Team Fortress 2, and are awarded for different successful offensive and defensive actions. Performing these actions also often earns a voice response from the player's current class, and earning Bonus points displays a number on-screen in magenta if the option is enabled. The three players on the winning team that score the most points in a round are the MVPs for that round.
Points can be awarded in fractions; for example, a kill assist is worth ½ a point. However, fractions of points are rounded down when displayed on the scoreboard; having a single ½-point does not affect a player's score at all, and a player must complete two ½-point actions to have their score increase by 1. Points are also rounded down before the subscores from each category are added together, so having two ½-points in two different categories is not displayed as 1 point, instead both being rounded down to 0 and added together afterwards. As a result, having an odd number of ½-points in several categories will cause a player's score to show as lower than expected.
Note: Support points do not count toward the player's overall score.
Note that one action may result in being awarded points for two or more reasons; for example, earning a headshot with the Huntsman awards points for the kill, headshot, and bonus points for the specialized kill.
|Capturing a control point or the Intelligence||Captures||2|
|Capturing the Intelligence in Mannpower mode.||Captures||5|
|Pushing the Payload cart for 10 seconds1||Captures||2|
|Scoring with the JACK in PASS Time||Captures||2|
|Passing or receiving the JACK in PASS Time||Bonus||1|
|Intercepting or stealing the JACK in PASS Time||Bonus||2|
|Dealing Damage||Damage||1 for every 600 damage points dealt|
|Killing a Medic who has full ÜberCharge||Bonus||2|
|(MvM only) Resetting the bomb||Bonus||10|
|(RD only) Collecting power cores||Bonus||1 for every 10 cores captured|
|Support||25 for every core captured|
|(RD only) Capturing a reactor core||Bonus||1 for every 10 cores stolen|
|Support||25 for every core stolen|
|Healing with Mad Milk||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Support||1 for every health point healed by teammates|
|Stunning an enemy with a baseball||Bonus||1 (regular stun)|
|Support||250 (regular stun)|
|Extinguishing a teammate or yourself with Mad Milk||Bonus||1|
|Marking an enemy for death||Support||1 for every 4 damage dealt by teammates|
|Healing with Black Box||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Healing with the Concheror||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Support||1 for every health point healed by teammates|
|Assisting damage with the Buff Banner||Support||1 for every 4 damage dealt by teammates|
|Extinguishing a teammate with Compression blast/Manmelter||Bonus||1|
|Destroying a Spy building with Homewrecker/Maul/Neon Annihilator||Bonus||1|
|(MvM only) Airblasting a Sentry Buster or Giant robot||Bonus||1|
|Healing with Dalokohs Bar/Fishcake/Sandvich/Second Banana||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|Giving a teammate a dropped Dalokohs Bar/Fishcake/Sandvich/Second Banana||Bonus||1|
|Support||250 + 1 for every point of health healed|
|Teleporter use by a teammate||Teleports||½|
|Support||(MvM only) 250|
|Destroying a Spy building with Wrench or one of its reskins.||Bonus||1|
|Healing with a Dispenser||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|(MvM only) Ammo dispensed from a Dispenser||Support||25 for every set of ammo dispensed|
|Destroying a projectile with the Short Circuit||Support||50|
|Healing||Healing||1 for every 600 health points healed|
|(MvM only) Reviving a teammate||Bonus||5|
|(MvM only) Deploying a projectile shield||Support||1 for every point of damage blocked2|
|(MvM only) Deploying a Medi Gun Übercharge||Support||1 for every point of damage blocked2|
|(MvM only) Deploying a Kritzkrieg Übercharge||Support||1 for every point of damage dealt|
|2 for every point of damage dealt to a Tank2 3|
|Headshot kill with the Huntsman||Bonus||1|
|Extinguishing a teammate or yourself with Jarate||Bonus||1|
|Jarate-ing a target||Support||1 for every 4 damage dealt by teammates|
|Headshot kill with the Ambassador||Headshots||½|
|(MvM only) Sapping a target||Support||1 for every 2 damage dealt by teammates|
- 1True for the majority of maps. Certain maps can have differing time requirements; for example, Upward requires 50 seconds of cart pushing for one capture point.
- 2Damage calculated is not affected by crits or fall-off.
- 3The Heavy's Primary Weapons have a 75% damage reduction against Tanks which is not included in this. Thus, the Medic gains support points equal to 2x base damage = 8x actual damage done.
In Advanced settings, players can change the appearance of their scoreboards with alternate class icons and ping showing as values.
Enable mouse input on the scoreboard
Having this setting enabled allows the player to use their mouse when the scoreboard is active. Left-clicking on teammates shows their stats, while right-clicking allows easy trading, muting, and visiting their profile. It is also possible to enter
tf_scoreboard_mouse_mode 2 in the console command to enable a scoreboard view that only enables the mouse cursor after clicking the screen. Note that, due to a bug, this currently does not work in Spectator view.
Display ping values as text on the scoreboard
Having this setting enabled shows the ping of players as numbers instead of the yellow, red, and green bars.
Display alternate class icons on the scoreboard
Enabling this setting swaps the default class icons with more realistic versions. The Alternate class icons are properly shaded and have a yellow circle behind them, presumably for better contrast.
- As points are rounded down within each category before being added to form a player's total score, headshots with the Huntsman can appear to count as 1, 2, or even 3 points.
- The scoreboard mouse input doesn't work properly in any server after playing in a server where one team can have more than 16 players, such as Deathrun servers.
- If an Engineer that is holding a Building dies without being finished off by an enemy, the Engineer will be awarded with 1 destruction point.
- The Domination counter on the scoreboard will not go higher than 16, even if you dominate more than 16 enemies.
Alternate class icons
Appears when a player is dead
Appears if the player is dominating another player
Appears if another player is the player's Nemesis
Appears if the player is dueling another player
Appears if another player is a Steam Friend of the player
The icon that appears when the player is a bot and is in the BLU team.
- 17 Dominations bug.