|Released:||October 9, 2023 Patch|
(Scream Fortress XV)
The map takes its name from its perks system: during the setup time of 30 seconds, the teams receive different sets of three randomly selected perks, which last until the end of the match. To vote, a player has to be near the desired perk when the setup timer reaches 0. The chosen perks are then displayed in a glass case before players are sent into the main portion of the map after 7 seconds. If no players in a team vote for a perk, the game randomly selects one for that team.
Perks was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- Voting Area: the starting location of each round, with the perks the team can choose from, the glass case displaying the perks that have been picked, and a resupply cabinet on each side of the room.
- Start Yard: the area players are taken to after voting for a perk ends. The Gate, with a "Control Point" sign above it, offers a shorter route to the Control Point, where they just have to go around or over the Rocks and a wooden fence with vines to reach it. The open doorway takes players to the Bar, which is connected by a simple wooden bridge to the Central Building.
- Control Point: located in the middle of the map, it is the fountain in the town plaza.
- Central Building: the building right in front of the Control Point. Its front access, facing the point, is split in two by a wall. It also has two entrances on each side, one facing the Gate and one connected to the Bar, where there is also a staircase leading to the Graves.
- Graves: the low ground between the Bar and the Central Building, below the bridge connecting the two. There are only two ways out: the aforementioned staircase of the Central Building and a stair to the Control Point.
- Chapel: a chapel right next to the Control Point. Its doors are on an elevated platform that is covered by a wall and have a small ammo pack in front of them.
- Rocks: big piles of rocks that serve as cover for those crossing the Gates and heading to the Control Point. It is possible to jump over and on them with jumping techniques like flare and explosive jumps.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
- Added Perks to the game.
- Replaced the Cloaking perk with the Patience perk (gain up to 7 health/sec).
- Fixed missing barricades in the voting area.
- Fixed certain items having missing textures on the map.
- Removed crumpkins (with help from LizardOfOz).
- Fixed stalemates causing extra rounds where no perks would appear.
- Added a new HUD, with an alive player counter.
- As a Heavy, if the Conversion perk is chosen, consuming the Buffalo Steak Sandvich whilst having the Holiday Punch equipped causes the converted crits to deal critical damage instead of forcing the victim to laugh. However, non-converted crits still force the victim to laugh.
- Using the Eureka Effect to teleport to the base after the round has started kills the player.