Competitive articles are currently in development. If you have any questions, just ask.
|File name:|| |
|Health Kits:||×5 • ×7 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×15 • ×1|
Upward is a single-stage Payload map with 4 points, all these points must be captured for the attacking team to win, the defending team must defend the last point within the time limit. Every time a point is captured time is added to the time limit. Like most maps, the Red team must defend the points whilst the Blu team must attack these points by standing near the payload cart. This map is played in most Highlander leagues and is one of the most popular payload maps, but it is rarely, if ever, played in 6v6.
- The left cliff: A small rocky platform which is a common place for the attacking Heavy, Demoman and the Medic to push out from.
- The Right Bridge: A wooden bridge which leads to the right flank, with a pitfall hazard to the far right.
- The Valley: Where the payload will be pushed down, the metal structure can be jumped on and is a common place for the Sniper to get picks.
- The Over-watch: (Also known as the Hut and the right-flank) is a wooden staircase which leads to an over-watch hut with open windows. This is a common place for the combo to push from, especially an übered Heavy. The defending Engineer is likely to set up underneath the hut near the "rolling-spawn" to defend Checkpoint B.
- The tunnel: The payload cart will be pushed out of this tunnel onto the point, the tunnel has wooden supports and two flanks on both the left and the right which lead up to the surface. Above the Tunnel is a wooden structure and a hill which is a very common place for defending Engineers to set up and defend Checkpoint A. The Tunnel also has a wooden balcony which is perfect for ambushing and the Blu teams next spawn point.
- The tunnel: The payload cart will be pushed out of this tunnel onto the point, the tunnel has wooden supports and two flanks on both the left and the right which lead up to the surface. Above the Tunnel are a wooden structure and a hill which is a very common place for defending Engineers to set up and defend Checkpoint A. The Tunnel also has a wooden balcony which is perfect for ambushing and the Blu teams next spawn point.
- The Balcony: The Balcony consists of a long wooden structure to a flanking root inside the house. It is common for the Blu team to push through this way and also underneath it. It also makes a good spot for the attacking Engineer to place a Teleporter and a Dispenser as it is close to an ammo pack and a health pack. The Balcony also allows the Blu team to flank behind the Red team too their last point.
- Scaffolding: The payload cart will be pushed on this "wooden scaffolding" which is very close to point C and also has some small ramps which the payload will slide down if not being pushed. Underneath allows players to drop onto a health kit which is used by defending Spies to escape.
- The House: The House is on the left flank, it is a small metal hut with an ammo pack leading to a health kit which is under the Scaffolding. It isn't used often as Demomen can easily spam into the house and kill anyone inside it.
Checkpoint D (The Last Checkpoint)
- The Balcony: The Balcony is a long stretch of high ground opposite too the Red's final spawn room. It is a common place for the attacking combo too hold and allows for the attacking Sniper too have an over view of the enemy team.
- Main entrance: The payload cart will come through this large entrance onto more scaffolding to be finally dropped into a large pitfall hazard. Attacking Scouts can easily push the cart into the pitfall without being damaged due to his small hitbox size.
- The under-passage: Underneath the main entrance is a small platform which leads too Checkpoint C, it is commonly used by Spies to escape or flank the opposing team.
- First Point
- Your Medic should stay in spawn until it is safe to prevent wasting an Übercharge.
- Pushing with an übered Demoman or Heavy is effective for this part as the defending team will usually be in tight spaces grouped together.
- Avoid pushing on the right flank near the bridge as a Pyro can easily dispatch of you by pushing you into the pitfall hazard.
- Second Point
- Pushing with an übered Heavy is extremely effective as the hut near the Red spawn room allows the Heavy to easily drop onto the Engineer's Sentry Gun and his team mates.
- Your Scout can hide behind the cart and not take damage if you can cover him, if he can capture the second point your team will spawn closer to them allowing you to put more pressure on them.
- Third Point
- Your Sniper should be able to get picks by hiding behind the cart whilst it goes up the scaffolding.
- Push through the house near the balcony on the left too close the distance between you and them.
- Final Point
- Use the balcony too hold as it gives you a height advantage.
- An Übercharged Demoman is more effective to push with.
- First Point
- Some of your team members should suicide on the hill top above the tunnel so the Engineer can build more quickly.
- Hold on the left cliff with the combo, make sure you Soldier and your Scout watches the flanks.
- As Soldier, hiding behind the house is a good place to get a pick on the Medic before he übers.
- Second Point
- Your Engineer should build underneath the hut. However, it should only be temporary as an über can easily dispose of your Sentry Gun.
- Always watch the side-path as Snipers can easily pick off team mates out of the Sentry's range.
- Third Point
- As Engineer, try to get the Sentry Gun's range as close to the cart as possible to prevent the Sniper from peeking.
- Your combo should hold in the small house as it provides ammo, health cover and a height advantage.
- Final Point
- As Sniper, watch for the enemy Sniper at all times as he is a large threat to your team mates.
- A dispenser should be placed on the side to the entrance so your combo can easily get ammo and health.
- Watch for Scouts hiding behind the cart as they won’t be spotted by the Sentry Gun.
The Upward rollout is very easy due to the open area and high sky box of the map, the Demoman can reach the front lines with 3 or less jumps, normally jumping to the door, then over the tunnel and then to the front. Collecting health packs on the way there, do not however pick up ammo packs where the Engineer is setting up on the way.
Similar to the Demoman's rollout, jumping towards the door and over the tunnel to the enemy spawn room. However it is unlikely you will need to get to the front lines quickly unless you want to hide in a position.