A Festivized weapon will retain its original quality (eg. a Strange Brick House Minigun would stay in Strange quality after the tool is used) apart from Normal weapons, which will be changed to the Unique quality. Alongside the aesthetic changes, the prefix "Festivized" will be placed in front of the weapon's name, its backpack icon will be changed to include festive lights, and purple text with the word "Festivized" will be added to its description.
Currently, the only method to obtain a Festivizer is by unboxing the Winter 2017 Cosmetic Case, which has a random chance of granting a Festivizer alongside the player's uncrated loot.
List of possible Festivized weapons
Before the Smissmas 2016 patch, the Festivizer was originally named the Gun Mettle and Tough Break Festivizer, and were only usable on Decorated weapons from those respective collections. They could only be found alongside uncrated items when unboxing either a Smissmas 2015 Festive Gift, Pyroland or Warbird weapon case. Owners of a Tough Break Campaign Pass would also find them through random drops. These have since been deactivated.
- The Smissmas 2015 Festive Gift can now be opened to find a Gun Mettle and Tough Break Festivizer.
- Added the ability to restore festivized weapons via the context menu.
- [Undocumented] Updated the item type strings for the Gun Mettle and Tough Break Festivizer.
- Gun Mettle and Tough Break Festivizer was renamed into the Festivizer.
- Added a few weapons to the list of items that can be Festivized: Fire Axe, Jag, Kritzkrieg, Pistol, Quick-Fix, Natascha, Sandman, Spy-cicle, Kukri, Shovel and Scottish Resistance.
- Expanded list of weapons that can be Festivized: Ubersaw, Dragon's Fury, Amputator, Air Strike, Back Scratcher, Scotsman's Skullcutter, Bazaar Bargain, Black Box, Claidheamh Mòr, Crusader's Crossbow, Degreaser, Loose Cannon, Persian Persuader, Detonator, Brass Beast, Holy Mackerel, Loch-n-Load, Powerjack, Iron Bomber, Reserve Shooter, Disciplinary Action, Family Business, Shahanshah, Scorch Shot, Shortstop, Soda Popper, Rescue Ranger, Tomislav, Panic Attack, and Winger.
- [Undocumented] Australium weapons can now be Festivized.
- Updated festivized items to use "Festivized" in the name instead of "Festive".
- This will help disinguish the original Festive weapons from weapons that have had a Festivizer applied to them.