Operation Peculiar Pandemonium
Operation Peculiar Pandemonium was an April Fool's Mann vs. Machine charity tour event organized by Moonlight MvM and hosted by Pineapple.TF that began on March 31st, 2022, and concluded on April 11th, 2022. The event was organized for benefit of The National Breast Cancer Foundation of Australia.
The tour resembled previous campaigns hosted by Potato's Custom MVM servers, featuring many of the same maps, with different missions, along with new maps such as Example.
In keeping with the short duration of the community event, one simple, short tour was offered, with only one medal in reward.
This table shows the missions that were available during the event.
|Cloudy With a Chance of Tanks
|Probably Not a Problem
|Somewhere in Nevada
|Advances of Advanced Adversaries
This event had four medals which are able to be earned by players: one as a reward for completion of the tour, and three for donations to a charity drive benefiting The National Breast Cancer Foundation of Australia. Clearing all seven intermediate difficulty missions earned the player the Tungsten Robot of Leaded Lunacy medal. The sole advanced mission, Advances of Advanced Adversaries, did not count towards earning the player the medal.
In addition, players were able to donate varying amounts through item or monetary donations to receive donor medals. Donating at least 6 AUD earned the player the Luxurious Lepidolite medal, donating at least 20 AUD earned the player both the Luxurious Lepidolite and Mesmerizing Morganite medals, and donating at least 33 AUD earned the player all three donation medals: the Luxurious Lepidolite, the Mesmerizing Morganite, and the Pink Diamond. The charity drive closed on April 30, 2022.
Content creators whose missions were accepted for use in the event were awarded the Auspicious Automaton Assembler's Accolade medal.
The Tungsten Robot of Leaded Lunacy player medal uses the model for the Titanium Tank Participant Medal, while the Luxurious Lepidolite, Mesmerizing Morganite, and Pink Diamond donor medals reuse models from Operation Madness vs Machines; however, all four medals initially drop with custom painted colors which are not otherwise available in-game. These medals each use different shades of pink. The Auspicious Automaton Assembler's Accolade reuses the model for the Mappers vs. Machines Participant Medal, however, it is not painted a custom color.
Each of the donor medals has two styles, named "Normal" and "Gem Only". The "Gem Only" style displays only the gemstones, without the surrounding metal frames.
The donor medals were contributed to the Steam Workshop by NeoDement , Sntr , Erikku , sigsegv , Jakapoa , Pelipoika , InterrobangTF2 , Rev , Benoist3012 , kratos , Nuke , Hydrogen , Hyperion , Pineapple Medals Bot , DaanBox , and Swordstone .
- Luxurious Lepidolite
- Mesmerizing Morganite
- Pink Diamond
- [Undocumented] The Peculiar Pandemonium medals were added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Fixed the Steam inventory icon for the Peculiar Pandemonium Pink Diamond medal.
- When put together, the first letters in each word of the Peculiar Pandemonium Tungsten Robot of Leaded Lunacy name (starting from "Tungsten" onwards) form "TRoLL", a reference to the popular 2008 internet meme Trollface, and was also a running gag throughout the campaign's missions.
- Additionally, when put together, the capitalized letters in the Peculiar Pandemonium Tungsten Robot of Leaded Lunacy description (ending at "Automatons") form "NEVERGONNA", a reference to Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up.
- Official Announcement on the Team Fortress 2 Blog
- Official Steam event for Operation Peculiar Pandemonium
- Operation Peculiar Pandemonium