|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|Release date:||December 20, 2012 Patch (Mecha Update)|
|Health Kits:||×1 • ×12 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×12 • ×5|
The sprawling Big Rock is the largest MvM map yet, which means the attacking robot hordes will have an extra-long journey to reach the Mann Co. base you'll be defending. If that sounds like the easiest MvM map ever devised, you're right! Merry Smissmas everybody! Well, you would be right if Gray Mann hadn't invented the deadly new Mecha-Engineer class. These Grinch-like Smissmas cakewalk destroyers can skip huge areas of the path with their teleporting ability, and also teleport other robots forward instantly with their "telling other robots about the teleporter" ability.
— Mecha Update
Bigrock is a Mann vs. Machine map released in the Mecha Update. It is the first MvM map to feature the Engineer Robot, known as the "Mecha-Engineer". The map is host to three missions: the Normal mission Benign Infiltration, and the Advanced missions Broken Parts and Bone Shaker.
This map is considerably bigger, longer and has a more complex structure than other MvM maps, making it more difficult for less experienced players to get accustomed to the map. Both Advanced missions on this map are available in Mann Up mode and are part of Operation Mecha Engine, a new Tour of Duty. Upon completing all three missions featured in the tour, the player receives a Botkiller Mk.II weapon.
The central hatch has three possible pathways for robots to approach.
- The center Bridge: A lone wooden bridge lays in front of the Mann Co Hatch. Underneath the bridge is a shallow ditch that isn't deep enough to cause fall damage. Should a player fall there's a stairway to the left to climb back up.
- Left catwalks: The robot path is separated by a chain link fence, with only one entrance from the side.
- Right catwalks: Has a small shed that contains medium health and ammo kits.
Casali Shafting Co.
- Left Lane: A catwalk lays above the lane with a medium ammo kit.
- Right Lane: Adjunct to the right catwalks.
- Entrance: In the front of the cave is the only pathway in and out of the cave.
- Primary Robot Spawn: The metal gates at the end of the cave.
- Secondary Robot Spawn: To the right next to the death pit is a secondary spawn for Tanks.
|“Sun Tzu's got nothing on us!”
This map's Community strategy page is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help the Team Fortress Wiki Community Strategy Project by expanding it.
Notes: None added
December 20, 2012 Patch (Mecha Update)
- Added Bigrock to the game.
- Updated Mvm_Bigrock to fix a server crash when all players are dead.
- Updated Mvm_Bigrock to fix a hole in the terrain.
- Fixed players building on rock in cave section
- Climbing to the top of the large rocks scattered throughout the map will make Spy Robots unable to reach their target.
- Players can sticky jump or rocket jump on the two pillars beside the spawn and Mann Co. Store sign.
- Players may get stuck if they move around the wire fencing on the top left path and be unable to move unless they change classes or die.
- Knocking a bomb carrier into the reset pit inside the cave and then killing the bot before it is killed by the pit will result in the bomb teleporting to the bottom of the water, preventing bots from being able to capture the bomb until the wave is complete or the bomb resets via a timer.
- In the mine shaft, a RED Spy occasionally appears in one of the mine carts, screaming as the cart falls into the water.