TF2Ware is a custom SourceMod game mode and accompanying map that emulates the gameplay style of the WarioWare game series on Nintendo consoles. The modification was created by Mecha the Slag, who is also known for various other MechaWare projects. Two years after Mecha abandoned the project, TonyBaretta fixed the code and created a new version with over 50 games.
The gameplay within the map involves all players participating in randomly chosen "microgames", simple tasks with short instructions and a duration of less than 5 seconds. Players are automatically changed to the class the microgame (or their role within the microgame) requires, are generally forced to wield a specific weapon (or whatever was currently in the required slot), and do not have any ammunition or cannot melee attack unless the microgame requires it. Players earn one point per microgame that they "win", and as soon as a number of microgames are played, a Boss Stage begins, which is longer (about one minute on average) and slightly more complex than normal microgames, and always has a dedicated environment within the map. The player with the most points following a Boss Stage is given free rein to kill all other players on the stage, after which the flow of gameplay is looped and everybody's score reset to 0.
The most current version of the map is
The underlying code of the plugin was altered at one point when Valve changed a command's usage, forcing the server to be less secure in order to run the mod properly - the server would be exposed to hostile takeovers. The new version of TF2Ware has since fixed this bug.
TF2ware 2.7.4 Last version
Boss Level Gioca Jouer
- Airblast: Everyone is a Pyro with a standard Flamethrower that can only air blast. They are teleported to a small arena with instant-kill spike walls on all sides. They must survive by air blasting enemy Pyros into one of the spiked walls. Any surviving Pyros are awarded a point. Killing enemy Pyros will not award any additional points. This microgame is bugged, as the Flamethrower will show up as one of the the last played class' weapons, or even block the screen.
- Tips: Hold down MOUSE2 and try to get as far from the spiked walls as possible.
- Airblast (Projectiles): Everyone is a Pyro with a standard Flamethrower that can only air blast. They must airblast one of the many projectiles that are falling onto the map to earn one point.
- Tips: You have to think fast in this one. Try jumping and airblasting at the same time for a better shot at winning.
- Avoid the Kamikaze: One player becomes the Scout that has the appearance of a bob-bomb from the Super Mario series. Their goal is to "blow up" at least two Heavies (the class all other players are changed to) by being close to them when the timebomb goes off. The Scout is awarded a point for 2 or more deaths besides their own, and all surviving Heavies also earn a point.
- Tips (Kamikaze Scout): Look for a cluster of Heavies and try to round them up into a corner instead of rushing straight at them.
- Tips (Heavy): Go to the Scout's starting point as most people will immediately run away from there. Try to stay away from your teammates, as the Scout will likely target Heavies in groups.
- Break a Barrel: Everyone is a Scout, each wielding a Bat. Breakable barrel props appear all around the arena, and players must break at least one barrel using melee attacks to earn a point. It is possible to kill other players if you melee attack them fast enough before the timer expires. There are always fewer barrels than there are players.
- Don't Move: Exactly as the name says, you must not move after the instructions have been on-screen for one second until the microgame ends. Players may taunt and look around without incurring a loss. Anybody who moves is killed instantly and doesn't earn a point.
- Don't Stop Moving: The opposite of Don't Move with an identical early "safe period". Collision with enemy players is enabled to make this microgame harder. Anybody who stops moving is killed instantly and doesn't earn a point. Sudden changes in direction can count as not moving.
- Get on a Platform: Of the nine square platforms in the default arena, all but a few (1-4) are removed, and lethal water begins pouring in. Players have a short amount of time to jump onto a platform before the water rises, and surviving players are given a point.
- Note: To stop players from double jumping to get around the game's objective, any Scouts are turned into Demomen when the game starts. It is sometimes possible to win with a timed jump anyway.
- Get to the End: Everyone is a Scout and gets teleported to one end of a rectangular arena with no vertical boundaries. Saw blades are arranged in an H-shape ahead of the players, who are spawned facing the arrangement from the "side". Players must reach a glowing yellow area at the far end of the area, within the time limit, to score a point.
- Hit an Enemy: All players are changed to one of three possible class/slot combos: The Demoman with the bottle (and Chargin' Targe, if equipped), the Engineer with the Shotgun, or the Spy with the Revolver. They must shoot one enemy player within the time limit to score. Players may or may not be killed when shot, which is determined before the game starts. To reduce confusion, friendly fire is enabled.
- Tips: You will need to act fast to win this microgame. When the microgame starts, spam your primary weapon at someone and just hope that it connects, or keep shooting at a certain person before the microgame starts. If you are playing the Engineer or Spy, crouch to make it harder for people to hit you. If you are playing the Demoman, find someone nearby who isn't looking at you and try to hit them. As long as you hit someone, it doesn't matter if you get hit yourself. Beware if you are standing inside an ally when the microgame starts as they will be able to shoot you easily.
- Needle Jump: Based on a patched exploit, everyone is a Medic who must fire their Syringe Gun while jumping and aiming at the floor to propel themselves beyond the range of numerous grounded time bombs. Survivors earn a point. It is possible to needle jump on an enemy so that they cannot move.
- Sticky Jump: Like the above, everyone is a Demoman with a Stickybomb Launcher and must execute a sticky jump to avoid grounded time bombs.
- Tips: Stickybombs will bounce off the platforms, while they may also get scattered by other players' explosions.
- Rocket Jump: Just like the sticky jump version, only everyone is a Soldier with the Rocket Launcher instead. This version provides less time to execute the jump.
- Flare Jump: Exactly like the rocket jump version except that everyone is a Pyro wielding a Flare Gun that can launch players high into the air.
- Tips: Just act like a Soldier performing the rocket jump, and you will still be able to win that way.
- Simon Says: In a simple adaptation of Simon Says, players must perform an action (taunting, jumping, crouching, calling for a Medic, eating a Sandvich or inspecting your weapon by pressing the f key) depending on the instruction given. If the action is performed when the instructions read "Someone Says", the player is told that they failed the microgame and are exempt from earning a point. Players can also fail if they don't act when presented with the "Simon Says" command.
- Tips (General): Taunting while the game has sped up a lot will cause you to taunt faster, but the length of time spent stuck in third-person mode will remain the same. Keep this in mind when the microgame asks you to taunt, as you will have less time for the next microgame.
- Tips (Eat the Sandvich): Taunting counts as eating a Sandvich; avoid doing so if someone says it.
- Type the Answer: A simple mathematical question appears in the upper-middle of the HUD for all players, and they must type the correct answer into chat in order to score. Wrong answers result in immediate death. Negative numbers are sometimes used. Rarely, an unusual question such as "8000 + 1001" will appear.
- Do the Spycrab: All players are changed to Spies with their Disguise Kit out. They have to crouch and aim up, imitating the Spycrab pose. Failure to do so results in player death and no points being awarded. Upon failing the microgame, the words "Spycrabs CROUCH and LOOK UP" appear in chat to assist new players.
- Hit the Target: Everybody will either be a Sniper with a Sniper Rifle, a Spy with a Revolver or a Soldier with a Shotgun. The players are transported to a shooting gallery. If the players are Snipers or Spies, they must try to shoot a single Heavy target that appears on the field. If the players are Soldiers, they must try to shoot a single barrel. Failure to shoot the target will result in no points being earned.
- Tips (Spy/Sniper): The target can appear in three different spots: left, center and right. Keep your crosshair trained on the middle spot so that you can quickly move you crosshair to the target regardless of position. Use your scope if you have to. Your reload animation does not allow you enough time to shoot again.
- Tips (Soldier): When firing your first shot from a Shotgun, it will always send one bullet accurately down the center of your crosshair. To guarantee your success, you should be accurate on the first shot. You could also wait until it has touched the ground, and shoot the barrel in the few seconds remaining.
- Type the Word/Color: The name of a color is displayed on the screen, with the color of the text being different than the color written. The player is prompted to either type the text written (Type the Word) or the color (Type the Color) of the text. An incorrect answer kills the player instantly. Possible words and colors are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, and white.
- Tips: Looking down at the floor can allow you to truly see what color the text is. Some colors can look like others when looking at the sky. The game also allows for some error. For example, "yellwo" will still count as "yellow".
- Jump on a Heavy's Head/Don't get jumped on: One team of players are turned into Scouts, while the others are turned into slightly shrunken Heavies. A Scout gains a point by jumping on the head of a Heavy, while a Heavy gains a point by not being jumped on when the time runs out.
- Tips: Try running into a corner of the map.
- Avoid The Trains: Everybody is a Scout. Two trains will spawn into the main map. If you get run over by a train, you lose.
- Tips: The trains will spawn at random location, so think fast!
- Hit 10 Gifts: All players are turned into Snipers that need to hit 10 gifts to earn a point.
- Tips: Try not to scope in too much, as it may slow you down.
- Flipper Ball: All players are teleported into a pinball table as either a Scout or a Pyro, and they need to avoid the pinballs to reach the end. If the players are Pyros, they will have to reach the end in the opposite direction.
- Tips (Pyro): While running to the end, it's best to look backwards occasionally as the soccer balls can come up from behind you.
- Fight and Stay Alive: All players are turned into either a Scout, Soldier, Pyro (melee or the Hot Hand), Heavy, Engineer, Medic or a Horseless Headless Horsemann (character model is the Demoman), Skeletons or Merasmus (character model is the Sniper), and they need to fight to stay alive in order to win the game.
- Tips (General): Winning is not dependent on whether you kill someone or not. It only matters that you stay alive. If nobody fights, everybody gets a point!
- Tips (Horseless Headless Horsemann/Demoman or Skeletons or Merasmus/Sniper): Players will have increased speed and knockback, so it is best to crouch when attacking to not get pushed into a wall.
- Catch The Cubes: Weighted Companion Cubes are spawned from the floor, and players, all of which are turned into Scouts, need to touch three of them to win.
- Touch The Sky: All players are turned into Scouts with an infinite amount of double jumps and need to jump as high as they can towards the sky.
- Enter a Door: When the minigame starts, 3 doors spawn in the order A - B - C , and players need to enter one of these 3 doors in hopes of winning the microgame.
- Note: This game is merely a test of luck, as you will have a 1 in 3 chance of winning.
- Avoid The Bombs: Everyone is a Pyro with a standard Flamethrower that can only air blast. Pipe bombs spawn from the sky and mini bombs are shot around the map. You win if you survive the bombs.
- Long Jump Kart: Players begin in bumper cars. They must hop from platform to platform using a large ramp to reach the end.
- Kart Race: Players must complete a bumper race through either a short maze or a map inspired by an old Capcom arcade game called "Mad Gear".
- Tips (Mad Gear): You will need to jump when you approach a ramp. Keep in mind that the jumps are delayed.
- Kart Sumo: The players are teleported onto a platform, each riding a bumper car. They must stay on the platform without being pushed off to win.
- Tips: Winning is not dependent on whether you kill someone or not. It only matters that you stay alive. Often times, it's safer to move slowly and be pacifistic, as charging more often leads to your death, rather than that of your target.
- Taunt Kill: In this game you need to kill someone with a taunt kill, while any other form of damage is not allowed.
- Tips: Wait for someone else to perform the taunt first, as they will be left vulnerable to be killed until their taunt ends. However, be careful of other people near you with the same idea.
- Parachute: Everyone is a Demoman that needs to touch the platform using the parachute to win the game.
- Water War: All players become Pyros with a Neon Annihilator, swimming in a pool of Jarate. You must kill one enemy Pyro to win.
- Spycrab_Limbo: Players will be turned into a Spy with the inability to move normally. They must limbo (like a Spycrab) under a laser to win the game.
- Shark: A random player will be selected and turned into a Pyroshark while the rest of the players turn into Soldiers. The Soldiers must get to the beach before the shark gets them. The shark must touch and kill at least three Soldiers to win.
- BuildGame: All players are turned into Engineers that need to build the entity (Sentry Guns, Dispensers or Teleporters) requested.
- Tips: You will initially start with a Dispenser. If they call for anything else such as a Sentry Gun or Teleporter, you must switch to that building.
- Grap the cow: Everyone is a Demoman wielding Grappling Hooks and Ullapool Cabers. They need to "hook" the cow and hit it with their melee weapon.
- Tips: As you have hooked and are getting close to a cow, jump and switch to your melee weapon (Ullapool Caber).
- Find the treasure chest: Everyone is a Demoman and a treasure chest (Hat of Undeniable Wealth and Respect) will spawn randomly in a preset area. You must use your grappling hook to find it and touch it to win.
- Tips: At times, the treasure will spawn on the beach next to where the players start. Check there before you go underwater.
- Piggyback Heavy: A random player will turn into a Heavy while the rest will turn into Pyros. This microgame takes place on the large pinball machine, with Pyros spawning at the top, and the Heavy around half-way. Whilst playing as Pyro you must catch up to and piggyback the Heavy by using the alt-fire (default right click) button to win. If the Heavy makes it to the end with less than 3 Pyros piggybacking him, he will win along with those piggybacking Pyros.
- Stun Merasmus: Everyone is a Pyro with bombs on their heads. Players must go to the middle and deliver the bomb to Merasmus in order to win.
- Tips: Try to stay away from Merasmus when someone else stuns him, as the explosion can kill you.
- Hit the balls: Everyone is a Scout with the objective to hit as many balls as you can into the enemy team's side, as you will lose if your side has the most balls at the end. Each side of the map starts out with 10 balls. If there is a tie, with 10 balls on each side, everyone loses.
- Disguise: Everyone is a Spy that must disguise as the class highlighted in the center of the map to win.
- Find the secret diary: You're a Scout. Your goal is to find the diary in the map that is used for the Ghostbusters minigame.
- Pirate attack: Everyone are the Demoman they must jump into the correct ship color, it can be red or blue
- Pickup plate: Everyone are the Heavy, they must pick the correct plate of food, and eat it
- Street fighter: Everyone are the Pyro they must taunt and kill someone with a fireball
Any player who meets the win conditions of a Boss stage is awarded five points instead of one.
- Avoid the Cuddly Heavy: Either two or three players, depending on the total number of players, are converted into Heavies while the rest are Scouts. The environment is a large room with pink surfaces and red heart outlines. The Heavies' goal is to "hug" the Scouts to death, effectively meaning "colliding with a Scout will kill them instantly", with the Scouts trying to survive this ordeal for as long as possible. The Heavies will periodically shout modified speech files to display their affection. As the timer runs down, the walls all move steadily inwards, shrinking the size of the room until it becomes very difficult for the Scouts to dodge. If any Scouts survive, they earn points, while the entire team of Heavies earn points if no Scouts remain alive at the end.
- Tips (Scouts): Try to stay away from groups of Scouts and keep a low profile. Never try to jump over the Heavies. When there are fewer Scouts left and the room is smaller, try not to get cornered by the Heavies.
- Tips (Cuddly Heavies): Go for large groups of Scouts. Try to communicate with the other Heavies and try to close in on one Scout at a time.
- Obstacle Course: Everyone is either a Heavy or a Soldier, and they are forced to go through an obstacle course at a steady pace.
If you are a Heavy, you must run a linear platforming obstacle course with an instant-death spikewall following behind and a static brick wall moving ahead (as well as a Sandvich reward for motivation). The course's main hazard is an instant-death void that catches any players who don't remain on the platforms.
If you are a Soldier, you are forced to run a vertical obstacle course with an instant-death pool of water constantly moving upwards below you, and a roof elevating in the same direction above. In order to reach the top, players are required to rocket jump to platforms that appear as the stage progresses upwards. Players who reach the end point alive are awarded points.
- Score 7 Goals: Everyone is a Demoman with the Grenade Launcher selected and filled to its maximum ammo capacity. Their goal is to fire grenades into a constantly-moving basketball hoop, attached to the far wall of a large wooden room, blocked off by a fence. 7 of the player's grenades must fall into the hoops for them to earn points at the end. Attacking opponents will knock them about a bit but cannot kill them. This microgame may be difficult if one is being crowded by players on the opposite team, as grenades will hit them instead of going towards the hoop.
- Tips: Stand away from the other Demomen as your grenades might collide with them instead. Instead of launching your grenades from a still position, try to follow the net and take your time in shooting your bombs.
- Push away the enemies: Everyone is a Spy on hexagonal platforms. The platforms fall down one by one as the game progress. Spies are able to push each other through by stabbing with their knife, and if they perform a backstab they launch their victim out of the arena, leaving them to die from the fall.
- Jump The Rope: Everyone is a Pyro in an open area where they slowly lose health. There's a jump rope and a Sandvich in the middle. In order to avoid starvation, the players have to continuously stay in the center and jump over the rope.
- Tips: Jumping when the rope is 90 degrees to you (or more depending on your ping) will ensure you can survive. Dipping in and out of the rope will give you a little breathing time.
- Frogger: Everyone is a frog (Medic) and has to play through a Classic game of Frogger to win. Only players that reach the end within ten seconds of the first person to complete the course get points. This microgame is played in third-person.
- Ghostbusters: Players are split into 3 teams. The Ghostbusters (Medics) are tasked with finding and "busting" all ghosts (Spies) in the mansion by healing them with their mediguns, while harmful ghosts (Heavies) attempt to kill all the Medics. When a Medic heals a Spy, the Spy catches fire. If healed for 3 consecutive seconds, the Spy dies. If at least one Spy survives, the remaining Spies win. If all the Spies are busted, the Medics win. If all the Medics are killed, the remaining Spies and Heavies win. While busting a ghost, the Medic's view will be locked onto that ghost in a manner reminiscent of the Chainsaw from Doom.
- Reach the End: Everyone is either a Sniper, a Heavy that has been turned into a banana, or a player of any class riding a kart. If you are a Sniper, you must navigate through a simple tunnel system to make it to the end. A large ball, similar to the boulder from Indiana Jones, will chase the players down. The same version is played in third-person. If you are a Heavy banana, you will need to complete a simple maze while running away from a wall that will follow and kill on touch. The same map is used when players are in karts, but the wall will not kill you.
- Tips (Karts): When you are at a straight path, boost as much as you can in order to clear the stage.
- MONOCULUS Boss: Everyone is a Pyro with a standard Flamethrower that can only air blast. Two MONOCULUS bosses will spawn and start shooting eyeball rockets at players. If you survive to the end, you win.
- Gioca Jouer: An emulation of the original version of the song, Gioca Jouer, which is known for being the 1981 Festival di Sanremo opening theme.
The song featured a number of dance gestures that acted out the lyrics – including walking, swimming, skiing, spraying deodorant, sounding a horn, ringing a bell, flexing muscles as a "Macho Man" and flying like Superman. These dance moves were detailed on the record sleeve.
- Tips: When the text calls out for "Disguise," you must press your disguise button, which by default is B. When the text calls for "Cheers," go to your voice commands and say cheers (default is set to C+3).
- Slender: The server selects 1 or 2 players (based upon the number of players) to be turned into Slendermen (Spies), and the other players are Medics that need to find all 8 pages first before a Slenderman kills them.
- Avoid the red floor and get out the gate: Everybody is a Scout. There are 4 platforms, but one platform, at random, will be flashing red, which will make players lose health when touched. Once the gate opens, all players must go to the other side before it closes. The gate will open two times.
- Notes: There is a bug when the gate opens for a second time where if players are on one of the red platforms, they will immediately die and lose the microgame.
- GP race uses the same track for race to finish, but you need to drive 5 laps.
- Dodgeball: This is a team-based minigame. Everyone is a Pyro, and players must airblast the rocket to survive. Upon each airblast, the rocket's speed increases and keeps doing so until it hits someone; then, the speed is reset and another rocket spawns.
- Meet Chester: Everyone are the Scout and they must avoid the hungry Chester
Real special rounds
Special rounds are activated when the words 'SPECIAL MODE!' appear across the screen. These real special rounds include:
- Don’t Score! Players are challenged to not score any points. The winner will be the player with the least amount of points.
- Single Player Players are invisible from one another.
- Third Person Every player is now in third-person.
- BONK Every player now has the Scout’s metal Bat, allowing them to push enemy players.
- Fov Experience Every player has their field-of-vision set to 110.
- x2 The round is twice its normal speed.
- x2 Boss Battle There are two Boss battles played back to back at the end of the round.
- No Touching! Players cannot touch enemy players during most microgames. Touching will result in killing both players and both will lose a point.
- Fart Time! You will fart randomly during the game.
- Big Weapons Every player has huge weapons, three times the normal size!
- Bonus Ducks Bonus Ducks spawn into main map at the end of every microgame. 1 duck is equal to 1 point.
Fake special rounds
Rounds that are not real; these are fake rounds that were added in April 1st, 2016.
- Fat lard run
- Size matters
- Love story
- TF2 Bros: brawl
- Idle of hats
- Hot Spy on ice
Wipeout! (Eliminator Round)
About once every ten games, the game will send all players to a waiting area above the map. In this mode, all players have 3 lives and 3 players are chosen at random to play normal microgames. Winning the microgame first will keep your lives intact while the others playing the microgame will die and lose a life. Once your life count reaches 0, you are eliminated from play until the next round of microgames starts. After a certain amount of eliminations, the number of players per microgame will go down to 2. This mode will continue until two players are left, at which point the boss microgame starts and the loser will lose a life if they fail. If both players are left standing, another boss microgame will begin. Committing suicide outside of microgames will not count as a lost life.