The Sticky Jumper fires completely harmless stickybombs, allowing players to freely practice sticky jumping techniques without taking self-inflicted damage from explosions. Only two stickybombs can be deployed at once, compared to the stock Stickybomb Launcher's eight. The ammo count for the weapon is also tripled, giving the user forty-eight extra stickybombs to use. While in midair via a Sticky Jumper sticky jump, a distinct flying sound plays, acknowledging the player's success. However, stickybombs fired from the Sticky Jumper deal no damage or knockback to enemy players, making it completely ineffective as an actual weapon. In addition, players equipped with this weapon are unable to carry the objective pickup in Capture the Flag, Special Delivery, and PASS Time.
October 27, 2010 Patch
(Scream Fortress Update
- The Sticky Jumper was added to the game.
October 28, 2010 Patch
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper doing damage to enemies.
- [Undocumented] Equipping the Sticky Jumper no longer multiplies the Grenade Launcher's carried ammo instead of the Sticky Jumper's ammo.
November 19, 2010 Patch
December 22, 2010 Patch
- Changed attributes:
- Removed max health penalty
- Added +100% bullet, explosive, and fire damage vulnerabilities
February 14, 2011 Patch
- Fixed melee attacks not destroying remote detonation pipes (Stickybombs).
April 20, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper and the Stickybomb Launcher using the wrong skins.
July 1, 2011 Patch
July 22, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] The damage penalty attribute was changed from "-100% damage done" to "-100% damage penalty".
September 15, 2011 Patch
- The Sticky Jumper now uses a unique texture and projectile.
- The Sticky Jumper no longer causes the wielder to take increased damage from other sources.
- [Undocumented] Removed the ability to randomly score a critical hit on the Sticky Jumper.
- [Undocumented] Fixed a bug allowing a Demoman to damage himself with Sticky Jumper's detonation while holding any other weapon.
- [Undocumented] Added a new sound when Sticky Jumper projectiles touch the ground.
- [Undocumented] Shortened the range of stickybombs fired from the Sticky Jumper.
September 20, 2011 Patch
- Updated the physics for the Sticky Jumper projectiles so they behave like regular sticky bombs.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Fixed Demoman weapons primary/secondary being backwards in the loadout screen.
- Fixed effects on Sticky Jumper grenades.
April 27, 2012 Patch
- Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted.
May 31, 2012 Patch
- Players with the Sticky Jumper equipped cannot carry the intelligence.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- Added 'flying' sound to blast jumps.
- [Undocumented] Added the Sticky Jumper to the item drop system.
March 4, 2013 Patch
- Added a crafting recipe for the Sticky Jumper.
September 16, 2013 Patch
- Updated The Sticky Jumper to only allow 2 active stickybombs at a time.
November 12, 2013 Patch
July 2, 2015 Patch #1 (Gun Mettle Update)
- [Undocumented] Updated model to c_model system.
July 23, 2015 Patch #1
- Fixed being able to carry the flag with the Sticky Jumper.
February 29, 2016 Patch
- [Undocumented] Updated all Stickybomb Launcher's reload sounds.
July 7, 2016 Patch (Meet Your Match Update)
- Updated model/materials and sound.
August 3, 2016 Patch
- Updated the tooltips for the Sticky Jumper to include the PASS Time JACK in the list of items that can't be picked up while equipped.
August 16, 2016 Patch
- Removed the damage effects and pain sounds when using the Sticky Jumper.