Aye, that's the way ye do it! Hehah!
— The Demoman on sticky jumping training techniques
The Sticky Jumper is a secondary weapon for the Demoman. It is similar in shape to the Stickybomb Launcher, but with an orange-and-white painted drum magazine, a triangular sign depicting a silhouette of a sticky jumping Demoman, and a flared muzzle. The weapon fires rounded Stickybombs without any spikes.
The Sticky Jumper fires completely harmless stickybombs, allowing players to freely practice sticky jumping techniques without taking self-inflicted damage from explosions. Only two stickybombs can be deployed at once, compared to the stock Stickybomb Launcher's eight. The ammo count for the weapon is also tripled, giving the user forty-eight extra stickybombs to use. While in midair via a Sticky Jumper sticky jump, a distinct flying sound plays, acknowledging the player's success. However, stickybombs fired from the Sticky Jumper are not only harmless to the user, but to enemy players as well, making it completely ineffective as an actual weapon. In addition, players equipped with this weapon are unable to carry the objective pickup in Capture the Flag, Special Delivery, and PASS Time.
|Function times (in seconds)|
|Attack interval||0.6 s|
|Reload (first)||1.09 s|
|Reload (consecutive)||0.67 s|
|Activation time||0.7 s|
|Maximum charge time||4 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Ullapool Caber||Reclaimed Metal||Sticky Jumper|
|Class Token - Demoman||Slot Token - Secondary||Scrap Metal||Possible Results|
As a crafting ingredient
|Reclaimed Metal||Buff Banner||Sticky Jumper||B.A.S.E. Jumper|
- The Sticky Jumper was added to the game.
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper doing damage to enemies.
- [Undocumented] Equipping the Sticky Jumper no longer multiplies the Grenade Launcher's carried ammo instead of the Sticky Jumper's ammo.
- The Sticky Jumper can now be gift wrapped.
- Changed attributes:
- Removed max health penalty
- Added +100% bullet, explosive, and fire damage vulnerabilities
- Fixed melee attacks not destroying remote detonation pipes (Stickybombs).
- Fixed the Sticky Jumper and the Stickybomb Launcher using the wrong skins.
- [Undocumented] The Sticky Jumper no longer prevents self-damage from explosions made with the Ullapool Caber, Grenade Launcher, Pumpkin Bomb or Loch-n-Load.
- [Undocumented] The damage penalty attribute was changed from "-100% damage done" to "-100% damage penalty".
- The Sticky Jumper now uses a unique texture and projectile.
- The Sticky Jumper no longer causes the wielder to take increased damage from other sources.
- [Undocumented] Removed the ability to randomly score a critical hit on the Sticky Jumper.
- [Undocumented] Fixed a bug allowing a Demoman to damage himself with Sticky Jumper's detonation while holding any other weapon.
- [Undocumented] Added a new sound when Sticky Jumper projectiles touch the ground.
- [Undocumented] Shortened the range of stickybombs fired from the Sticky Jumper.
- Updated the physics for the Sticky Jumper projectiles so they behave like regular sticky bombs.
October 13, 2011 Patch (Manniversary Update & Sale)
- Fixed Demoman weapons primary/secondary being backwards in the loadout screen.
- Fixed effects on Sticky Jumper grenades.
- Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted.
- Players with the Sticky Jumper equipped cannot carry the intelligence.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- Added 'flying' sound to blast jumps.
- [Undocumented] Added the Sticky Jumper to the item drop system.
- Added a crafting recipe for the Sticky Jumper.
- Updated The Sticky Jumper to only allow 2 active stickybombs at a time.
- [Undocumented] Added Collector's quality.
July 2, 2015 Patch #1 (Gun Mettle Update)
- [Undocumented] Updated model to c_model system.
- Fixed being able to carry the flag with the Sticky Jumper.
- [Undocumented] Updated all Stickybomb Launcher's reload sounds.
July 7, 2016 Patch (Meet Your Match Update)
- Updated model/materials and sound.
- Updated the tooltips for the Sticky Jumper to include the PASS Time JACK in the list of items that can't be picked up while equipped.
- Removed the damage effects and pain sounds when using the Sticky Jumper.
- While this weapon is equipped, the user is unable to collect the pickup-objective (beer bottles, body parts etc.) in Player Destruction maps.
- The Sticky Jumper's projectiles can detonate explosive environmental hazards if shot directly into them.
- The Demoman achievement Second Eye can sometimes be earned with this weapon.
- The sign on the Sticky Jumper and Rocket Jumper is based off the slow moving vehicle warning sign in the US and Canada.
- When a glitched Killstreak Kit is added to the Sticky Jumper, the killstreak sheen still appears, unlike most items without a Killstreak Kit.
- The RED projectile model was originally added in the WAR! Update for the Scottish Resistance, but was unused in favor of the Scottish Resistance's final projectile design.