When the player selects it from the taunt menu, the character will begin to slowly move forward at 50 Hammer units per second (roughly 16.7% of normal speed) while dancing the "conga"; this is accompanied by a light, repeated drum beat. If playing as a Scout, he will also clap his hands above his head periodically. The player can rotate their character by pressing the strafe keys. This taunt will continue to repeat itself until the character is killed, or by pressing either the action button or the jump button to stop.
Any other player (Including Bots), regardless of team or if they own the taunt, can join any player who is in the "conga" by standing close to them, and pressing the action button. Other players will see an icon above the dancer's head which indicates if the taunt is active. Unlike other partner taunts, the Conga can be spread throughout the players on a server even after the original owner stops dancing, and is not limited to two people.
Every player in the conga line does special moves, synchronized to the beat of the conga. For example, when the Scout claps, the Heavy does a kick.
| Conga Line|
Do the Conga with 10 or more players at the same time.
| Party Crasher|
Kill 3 players who are doing the Conga within 5 seconds.
- Conga was added to the game.
- Updated the Conga taunt to play sounds on the client instead of the server.
- Fixed character audio being cut short when characters clap during the Conga taunt
- Updated taunts to prevent movement during the pre-round period when players are frozen
- Sometimes the animations for the Conga Taunt will not play correctly, and will instead show the walking animation of the class currently in the taunt.
- Having multiple people on a server, generally over 10, using the Conga Taunt can cause the server to gain a buffer overflow.
- On occasion, a player will appear to be stuck in the Conga animation. This hinders gameplay in that the hitboxes do not correspond with the model.
- If this bug happens with a Spy, all of his disguises (enemy or friendly) will be stuck on Conga animation and it will be visible by anyone.
- Entering on a teleporter with Conga and canceling it when the player is about to be teleported will cause the weapon FOV to change. This can be fixed by entering another teleporter or dying in any way.
- The "conga" was originally a dance that was performed in the streets of Cuba. People in Havana were actually forbidden to do the conga due to the amount of adrenaline and excitement that fueled fighting in the streets near elections. Eventually, Cuban President Fulgencio Batista permitted the people to dance congas during elections, but with a police permit. Spy refers to this in a line where he says "Dancing! It is the forbidden dance!"