|Comic Strip Info|
|Released:||July 7, 2016|
|Number of pages:||52|
The Showdown is a comic that was released on July 7, 2016 to coincide with the Heavy vs. Pyro war during the Meet Your Match Update. It follows the Heavy as he seeks to encounter The Administrator with a simple request for her, only to run into a fiery opponent.
The comic opens with Heavy entering Bilious Gorge, tearing off a fence gate with no trouble. Down the path, he encounters a pack of guard dogs guarding a mine entrance, and readies to fight them with the fence gate as a shield. However, he stops and gives a Sandvich to the dogs, taking them with him on his trek into the tunnel. In the mine tunnel, Heavy encounters some masked men, who are the Administrator's messengers, having ascended in a mine cage. Heavy responds by sending the dogs after them, killing them. Descending in the cage, Heavy arrives deep within a secret lair facing a retractable bridge to a sliding door. Waiting for the door to open, he sits and eats some Sandviches. The bridge opens up, and Miss Pauling exits from the door on the other end. Heavy stops the door from closing with his backpack, quickly saying hello and goodbye to the startled secretary.
At the end of a hallway, Heavy encounters the Administrator herself. Thinking that Heavy is about to kill her, she prepares to set her base to self-sestruct, only stopping when Heavy proclaims he wants new weapons. The Administrator asks if Heavy wants to know why he stopped getting new weapons, but Heavy proclaims he doesn't care and just wants new weapons. The Administrator says she can get him new guns, but it will take time as she can only supply one mercenary at a time. Heavy says it's alright since he's the only one asking, until the Administrator explains that Pyro beat him by three minutes. Annoyed, Heavy takes her lighter and offers it to Pyro, on condition that Heavy is allowed to get new weapons first. The Pyro rejects the offer by crushing the lighter. The comic ends with the Administrator laughing at them, explaining that the thought of them killing each other would be perfect.
- Page 2
- The location Bilious Gorge suggests the coal mines of Mann Co., inexplicably closed by Saxton Hale's father, Bilious Hale.
- Page 10
- Page 11
- The emergence of Administrator's messengers indicates where the Heavy, quite certain of his course, is heading.
- Page 35
- The room is suggestive of the control room introduced in War!, where the Administrator monitors the fighting mercenaries through the cameras mounted in the RED and BLU facilities.
- "I suppose this day had to come eventually." The Heavy swore to destroy whoever took the pictures of his home (Meet the Director, page 7).
- Page 47
- Hellen has nothing up her sleeve.