Team Fortress Wiki:Featured articles
Featured articles exemplify some of the best written and most informational articles on Team Fortress Wiki. Featured articles must adhere to the featured article criteria below.
Featured articles are determined and rotated by the staff.
Current featured articles
To nominate an article—
Anyone is free to nominate any article they consider to meet the featured criteria.
I Nominate This Article With Reasons Standing Are:
- Well Written
- Very Informative To The TF2 Story line
- Effective on Entire Game Play
- Gives Insight to Entire Reasons For Game Play
- Correct Links
- Proper Images
FenixChief 15:35, 15 August 2012 (PDT)
- Hoog support How the BLU article didn't get into featured article? How pootis happen? Hoog support TheGuy299 04:05, 24 December 2012 (PST)
- Support Given that a merge proposal has been made regarding the RED and BLU articles, I think it appropriate to revisit the FA status of RED and BLU. The argument for merge is that the articles are redundant. A counter-argument is that that very redundancy is fundamental to the themes of the articles. If the two articles are intentionally so similar, and if the decision falls against the merge, then BLU should have at least a brief, if long overdue, stint as featured article if only to complete the intended symmetry. Mikado282 (talk) 14:20, 24 June 2017 (PDT)
- The merge discussion is closed. The result of the discussion was "do not merge". MIKADO282 oOOOOo oo oo 15:19, 21 April 2018 (UTC)
The new mode in development. It has a lot of great information on the mode, powerups, and others. Plus, we really need to change the Featured Article. It's been stuck on "Mann vs Machine" for so long. --Dr. Scaphandre (talk) 17:08, 23 June 2015 (PDT)
The main menu page is a well organized page about all the features of the game's main menu. It has organized tables with images of each feature that describe them in full detail, and has quick links to other parts of the wiki. --Dr. Scaphandre (talk) 14:50, 5 October 2015 (PDT)
- Disagree Yes, Main Page is great, but the job of FA is to guide users to the best content; no need to guide them to where they already are. M I K A D O 282 oOOOOo oo oo (talk) (Help Wanted!) 21:22, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- 100% Agree! A well-made page for my personal favorite stock reskin. This page has been defiled by Jboby1! (U|T|C) 21:49, 17 February 2019 (UTC)
Maybe. Its should first be decided whether to add the new contract reward items as Achievement items, since they are Achievement items. Please see: Talk:Achievement items#Contract reward items are Achievement items. Mikado282 (talk) 04:04, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
- Uncommitted Maybe if I knew about this page 6 years ago. It's kind of just a big list; yes, it is more than that; it functions as a NAV for players looking for items they can earn by playing (after game purchase in some cases). And it does have some instructional content. If others like it I have no problem. M I K A D O 282 oOOOOo oo oo (talk) (To Do) 17:56, 8 July 2018 (UTC) 18:28, 8 July 2018 (UTC)
- Actions There are some issues/improvements that can be considered before promoting to FA.
- 1. Which blog post announced that Valve were working on a new training map for a class? This should be linked for a FA.
2. Please, link the July 15, 2010 announcement.
- 3. Check that any reference to item sets mentioned in the page that are not Polycount Pack item sets are clearly so indicated. (my March 2 edit may have fixed the only instance)
- 4. None of the items under Trivia conform to Trivia Style (about content not added to the game); however, exception can be granted if other editors think so, because of the notability of the competition, and state here. Otherwise, IMO, the Trivia should be deleted before FA.
- 5. Is the history of Polycount Pack-released items complete? Would someone check and report here whether all items from this contest that were released into the game are covered in the article. They probably are, but a FA nomination should be double-checked for completeness.
- M I K A D O 282 oOOOOo oo oo (talk) (Help Wanted!) 23:51, 2 March 2019 (UTC) 00:04, 3 March 2019 (UTC)
Very unique page, well-written, and has a lot of information and images on it. Each contents of the page are really well explained and as well listing to other areas of the Wiki. I also think that the "Mann vs. Machine" featured article on the main page are quite outdated, especially as it states "In the newly added Mann vs. Machine game mode...", so we probably need something else for that. ▪ - 22:36, 22 May 2015 (PDT)
- Support Its unique mechanic and attribute make this item worth to be feature article. With good writing and the way to explain the mechanic, I think it should be there. Rikka Takanashi (talk) • (contributions) 20:56, 23 June 2015 (PDT)
Done! It's rather well-written, and I feel that after the improvements made to the article by Mikado, it definitely deserves to be one. -- LordKelvin 17:49, 30 July 2015 (PDT)
- Can you please change the image? The model is too pointy and it doesn't look too good on the main page. I would suggest using the File:Duck Journal.png instead, or the Backpack Icon (though, proper cropped). The only issue with the Backpack Icon would be that the Duck is yellow and not orange as it's in-game. ▪ - 13:59, 12 August 2015 (PDT)
Well... It is an interesting and informative article, and not really long (and boring) at the same time. Also its content is not that old and not that new at the same time. It has lots of pictures for the people who loves images and some nice interface stuff. It is one of the rare articles that I managed to read until its end before I decided to translate it. So... you know. It is nearly the perfect article to be featured. Cagrimanoka/tr - (Say something) 12:02, 24 August 2016 (PDT)
- Support The page is extremely well done with lots of well fleshed out templates. With good writing and explains easily the concept of skins, I agree. -- Dr. Scaphandre 12:05, 24 August 2016 (PDT)
- Done! Well, after a minor hiccup, it's now up. -- Dr. Scaphandre 15:39, 24 August 2016 (PDT)
- Support Agreed. Perfect writing and very informative. It's also very easily understandable in my other main language. Support! --User:47flipfell
- Actually, yes There is a lot to say about it, and a lot was said, by someone(s) capable of saying so clearly and distinctly. It meets the criteria. Mikado282 (talk) 04:18, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
- But, now I think it should be first checked that it is current to all patches, especially the October 20, 2017 Patch #1. It may be a few days before I can test this myself. Mikado282 (talk) 18:24, 14 March 2018 (UTC)
The contents of this page are thoroughly explained and well written, it has proper images and links, and the subject matter is detremental to gameplay. I was surprised when I found this article wasn't featured among the Sentry Gun and Dispenser, as the teleporters are as important to gameplay as the Engineer's other buildings. Repribe 22:32, April 21, 2018 (ET)
A lot of work went into organizing ConTracker as the core to the new Contracts system, with consideration given to future use of the Contract system, borne out by subsequent Halloween Events and the indefinite extension of the Mercenary Park Contracts. M I K A D O 282 oOOOOo oo oo (talk) (Help Wanted!) 21:17, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
This article appears to meet all of the listed criteria, and even if it doesn't, it shouldn't be too hard to get it to that level of quality with a few edits, right? I'm mainly proposing this in honor of Rick May. Dogman15 (talk) 00:54, 14 April 2020 (UTC)
- Support -- 02:39, 14 April 2020 (UTC)
Halloween Spells (2012-2014) for October's article?
Since the popularity of the now-discontinued Scream Fortress IV weapon/cosmetic/voice spells have been slightly rising as of late (probably due to SF2020 coming soon and the community not having all that much to talk about aside from it), I'd choose it as October's article due to it being:
- - Mostly perfect from a content perspective.
- - Nicely presentable to anyone unaware of the subject in question.
- - In-season.
And also bringing more attention to something that is, quite strangely, unknown to most of the community (despite the aforementioned rise in attention). lol no 18:03, 22 September 2020 (UTC)
- While it's a solid idea, these items were essentially removed from the game and only work on pre-existing items. — Tark lm(pt-br) 21:15, 22 September 2020 (UTC)
- I am inclined to support, but I need to make a normal critical review for quality and currency.
- But, remember, the criteria for FA is quality and depth of useful content. While it is true what Tark says that the spells no longer drop, people do encounter them, so they are relevant, and if actually increasingly popular, then the topic is notable.
- But still, does it have the quality and completeness for FA? A quick skim shows some update is needed, at least. The thing I am never sure of is whether the effect safely goes intact with the item when Traded or Marketed. If the effect does survive trades and selling, this needs to be clearly stated, and would add to the usefulness of the page.
- I would add that not only is quality the focus of FA, FA focus is not topicality. Topicality is for Trending Topics, IIUC, (but with the requested improvement).
- M I K A D O 282 ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙ ⊙⊙ ⊙⊙ (talk) (Help Wanted!) 02:56, 23 September 2020 (UTC)
- If we commit to improving and updating the page for the pending event, that adds to its candidacy as Trending Topic, IMO. M I K A D O 282 ⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙ ⊙⊙ ⊙⊙ (talk) (Help Wanted!) 14:02, 23 September 2020 (UTC)