|Map type||Payload Race|
|Released:||July 8, 2010 Patch|
|Health Kits:||×4 • ×7 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×5 • ×5 • ×3|
The goal of the map is for RED and BLU to simultaneously push their carts through enemy territory in order to reach the finishing point. At the same time, each team must prevent the other from doing the same.
Hightower has a significantly different ending stage than other Payload or Payload Race maps. Bomb carts travel vertically up the tower when pushed, but quickly fall to the base if left alone. This makes the style of gameplay much more reliant on continuous cart pushing. The towers function similarly to the steep slopes on maps such as Pipeline.
- The Hightowers: The eponymous hightowers are two parallel structures with a movable platform at the ends of each track. Once the cart reaches the platform it begins to slowly raise as long as there are any players standing on it. If the players are knocked off and the cart is unattended, the platform quickly lowers back down to the ground, killing anyone under it. If a player from the other team stands on it, the platform halts until one side regains sole control of it. Once the platform reaches the top, it detonates the cart and ends the round.
- Central Tower: The main feature of the map is the giant tower located in the center. It has sets of winding ramps that lead to the top, which serves as a vantage point for the whole map.
- Crossing: In the beginning of the round, both carts move slowly to a crossing where the payloads pass by each other. This is usually the focus of combat for the first minutes of a round. Any cart directly on the crossing moves automatically until it is off the crossing. If both carts arrive at the crossing simultaneously, the RED cart goes first.
- Ramp: After passing through the Crossing, the cart moves along the track to a ramp located directly outside the enemy team's spawn. The cart must be continuously pushed up the ramp, which is similar to the ramps present in Pipeline Stage 3. If the cart is not pushed when on the ramp, it rolls back down.
- Cliff-House: A small house that hangs over the ledge at the far end of the map.
- Balconies: At the very end of the spawn hallways are small balconies that overlook the Hightowers, the Central Tower, and most of the battlefield.
- Tower Corridors: Behind the Hightowers is a long, straight corridor that leads to each team's cart starting area. The main entrance is between the capture platforms.
- It is possible for one of the team's cart to become unable to be pushed, while the other team can still push theirs.
- On the final lifts of each cart, if the cart is abandoned and then quickly re-joined while it falls, the cart continues moving down briefly after the platform stops. If this action is repeated, the cart can eventually appear to be completely separate and further down from the platform. Players can also appear to be stuck inside the platform in this manner.
- Rarely, the platform rapidly shoots up while the cart moves at the regular speed, causing the platform to be at the top and making it nearly impossible to hit the player capturing without the use of an explosive jump.
- Screenshot of a shot-up platform and a normal cart.