Upon taunting with any secondary weapon equipped (other than the Scorch Shot or Thermal Thruster) and the Hot Hand, the Pyro winds their hands back, concentrates, then releases their inner fire energy as the Hadouken. This taunt inflicts fatal fire damage to any building or enemy slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate enough to be within range. The range at which the taunt kills is 48 Hammer Units, past which it has no effect. Its wide range of fire is capable of hitting multiple targets at once. As a fire attack, any enemy that survives the Hadouken is ignited.
A Hadouken kill completely fills the Pyro's "Mmmph" bar if equipped with the Phlogistinator.
As with most Attack taunts, the Hadouken can be used to kill enemy players during Humiliation and Stalemates.
- Compression blasting the taunting Pyro can move the kill effect out of range, but usually completely cancels the taunt.
- Because the Hadouken is a fire-based non-melee attack, a Heavy wearing the Fists of Steel can survive it, if the Heavy is Overhealed or under the effects of the Dalokohs Bar.
- With the Hadouken being a fire attack, any class with over 125 health and a Vaccinator fire resistance ÜberCharge can survive it, with the taunt dealing 125 damage in that case.
Damage and function times
| Damage and function times
| Point blank
| Function times
| Taunt duration
|| 3 s
| Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
Kill an enemy with a taunt.
June 19, 2008 Patch (Pyro Update)
- Hadouken taunt now kills people it hits.
August 31, 2009 Patch
- Fixed Pyro's Hadouken killing Scouts that have used Bonk! and are phasing.
- If the target dies from the afterburn of the Hadouken, it will show the Flamethrower's kill icon rather than the Hadouken's kill icon.
- If the player is in Pyroland, the Pyro's grunt as they charge the Hadouken will be replaced with laughter; this is because the voice clip used normally plays when the Pyro is taking damage.
- Kills with this taunt while using the Hot Hand will announce "SLAP KILL!" in the second killfeed.
- The Hadouken's execution is a nod to the signature move of Ryu, the main character of Capcom's Street Fighter series of games.