|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: Please expand on the general functions the Announcer; more detail on what game events are announced) (independent of the particular characters). Some of the content of Administrator that is not specific to that character may be moved here, if that would improve either page. This page should have an Infobox and an image for the Infobox.
The Announcer (also Host or voice over) refers to a wide assortment of informative, often entertaining, voice cues heard by players on each team before and during gameplay. While each class character contributes class-specific event voice over cues, the general Announcer is usually an individual non-player character. The Announcer provides verbal cues of various game events meant for the entire team, including starts and ends of rounds (with countdowns), the killing of an entire team, Intelligence status, Bomb progress, and Match outcomes. While many of the verbal cues that players hear appear to be specific to their own team, rest assured that the other team is receiving an equal amount of support and criticism (a basis for the character of the Administrator).
The Announcer role was created by Helen, the Administrator of TF Industries, and it is portrayed that she monitors combat through the video cameras mounted throughout the maps. The Administrator's voice is heard on the vast majority of released maps, so much so that the names Announcer, Administrator, and Helen have been largely synonymous in discussions of Gameplay as well as in the Storyline. A deeper discussion of Helen's Announcer role in Gameplay and the related Storyline is given in her biography.
A number of other characters have been introduced to perform the Announcer role, particularly in Halloween maps, although certain of Helen's voice cues may still be heard in any case.
- Merasmus was introduced in the role of Announcer in Ghost Fort, and has made repeat voiceover appearances on a number of later Halloween maps. In some cases, his particular vocal role is as adversarial Boss, while at other times he is a malevolent host, sometimes both. After the Gun Mettle Campaign, Merasmus also announced availability and progress on Merasmission and later Halloween Contracts.
- Bombinomicon announces both as a troublesome sidekick to Merasmus and as the smarmy Host of Hell.
- The Blutarch and Redmond Mann, with the supporting role of their father, are Announcers on Helltower.
- WillFromAfar from the site Acapela group.com announces game mode-specific events in Watergate.
- Since the beginning of the Gun Mettle Campaign, Miss Pauling has been announcing availability and progress on Contracts.
- Davy Jones appears as an Announcer on Cursed Cove.