|“You are so small! Is funny to me!”
This article is a stub. As such, it is not complete. You can help Team Fortress Wiki by expanding it.
Notes: Please expand on the general functions the Announcer; more detail on what game events are announced) (independent of the particular characters). Some of the content of Administrator that is not specific to that character may be moved here, if that would improve either page. The infobox could have some more information.
The Announcer refers to a wide assortment of informative voice cues heard by players on each team during gameplay. While each class character contributes event voice over cues, the Announcer has currently always been a non-player character.
The Announcer role is most often occupied by the Administrator of TF Industries. She is portrayed as the urgent voice that commands both the RED and BLU team, who she monitors through video cameras mounted throughout several maps. The Administrator acts as the Announcer in a vast majority of released maps, so much so that the Announcer and Administrator have been largely synonymous in discussions of Gameplay and the Storyline.
The Announcer provides verbal cues of various game events meant for the entire team, including, but not limited to:
- A reminder that the setup will end in 60, 30, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 second(s).
- A reminder that the round will end in 5 minutes, 2 minutes (Coldfront only), 60, 30, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 second(s).
- Team wipeouts (all players on a team are waiting for respawn).
- An alert when the match has gone into Overtime.
- An announcement of one of several match outcomes, including victory, defeat, or a stalemate.
- An alert when a Control Point is being captured or contested.
- An alert when the Payload cart is close to a checkpoint.
- An alert when an enemy or friendly player has secured, dropped, or captured either Intelligence.
- An announcement of a team scramble.
- Various alerts and announcements for events in Mann vs. Machine. Prominent cues include the status and outcome of a wave, the status of the bomb, and the introduction of certain enemies.
Other characters have been introduced to perform the Announcer role, particularly in Halloween maps. Some of the Administrator's voice cues may play regardless of who the map's Announcer is.
- Merasmus is the Announcer of Ghost Fort and other Halloween maps. Being the second most common Announcer, his particular vocal role is as an adversarial boss and malevolent host. Merasmus also announces availability and progress on Merasmission and Halloween Contracts.
- The Bombinomicon cameos as an Announcer, usually occampanied by Merasmus. Bombinomicon announces without Merasmus in Helltower when players enter Hell.
- Blutarch and Redmond Mann, with the supporting role of their father, are Announcers on Helltower.
- Text-to-speech voice WillFromAfar announces game mode-specific events in Watergate.
- Since the Gun Mettle Campaign, Miss Pauling has been announcing availability and progress on Contracts.
- Davy Jones appears as an Announcer on Cursed Cove.