Illustrative Rendering in Team Fortress 2
|Illustrative Rendering in Team Fortress 2|
|Released:||September 3, 2007|
Illustrative Rendering in Team Fortress 2 is a developer video showing off the creation of illustrative rendering as it pertains to Team Fortress 2. It was originally shown at the 2007 International Symposium on Non-Photorealistic Animation and Rendering.
- The color pallette in the video would return on the contribute page in order to guide users on how to color certain weapons and hats.
- The Pyro, Spy, Soldier, Heavy, and Engineer were showing a different type of Phong shading, while in-game they use basic "$phongexponent"s instead of their own "$phongexponenttexture"s.
- In 0:55, some classes are different in the video.
- Scout appears to wield Nailgun which it didn't make it to the final game.
- Soldier's RPG is from Trailer 1.
- Pyro retained his appearance from Trailer 1.
- In 0:01, Demoman's class emblem is a dynamite. In 0:55, Demoman's class emblem is from Trailer 1.
- Heavy's face and class emblem is different.
- Engineer's face is similar to Trailer 1.
- Sniper's class emblem is blank yellow. His face is slightly different too.
- Spy's face, balaclava and suit is different in 0:28. In 0:55, he retained his appearance from Trailer 1 and his revolver had wooden grip instead of white.
- Medic and Soldier's face is slightly different.