| Illustrative Rendering in Team Fortress 2
| Video Info
|| September 3, 2007
| Run time:
Illustrative Rendering in Team Fortress 2 is a developer video showing off the creation of illustrative rendering as it pertains to Team Fortress 2. It was originally shown at the 2007 International Symposium on Non-Photorealistic Animation and Rendering.
- The color pallette in the video would return on the contribute page in order to guide users on how to color certain weapons and hats.
- The Pyro, Spy, Soldier, Heavy, and Engineer were showing a different type of Phong shading, while in-game they use basic "$phongexponent"s instead of their own "$phongexponenttexture"s.
- In 0:55, some classes are different in the video. One consistent difference between all classes is that they used their beta heads, found in their gibs.
- Scout appears to wield the Nailgun which it didn't make it to the final game. His belt buckle is also darker.
- Soldier's RPG is from Trailers 1 and 2.
- Pyro has a hose connecting their flamethrower and gas canister. They also have completely solid emblems, and a black gas canister, with a smaller grey one accompanying it.
- In 0:01, Demoman's class emblem is a stick of dynamite, as in release TF2. In 0:55, Demoman's class emblem is completely blank, like in Trailer 2.
- Heavy's class emblem uses the beta skull and crossbones, seen in Meet the Heavy.
- At 0:28, Spy is seen with lighting and flex errors giving him a ghoulish appearance. In 0:55, he has an appearance which can be seen in his locker and Ubercharge textures. His Revolver had a wooden grip instead of ivory, giving it a similar appearance to the Festive Revolver.
- Medic uses his gib head & holds a black Syringe Gun.
- At 0:01, Soldier uses a model for his head different to Trailer 1 and Trailer 2. But at 0:55, his head uses it's Trailer appearance.