||August 21st, 2006
First revealed at GC 06, Trailer 2 showcased the various abilities of Team Fortress 2's player classes. Showing an early rendition of the game, the trailer contains several differences from the final product.
- The general texture and lighting of the character models is of significantly lower quality.
- The emblems on the classes' arms are solid circles, instead of class emblems. The exception to this is RED Pyro.
- All characters have the same voice and stock dying noises including the infamous Wilhelm scream. The generic voice was going to be used for the Civilian.
- The classes had more lowerpoly heads, which can be seen in their gib models.
- Appears to have more upper-body build than the current model does.
- Is shown wielding the Nail Gun which was later replaced with the Scattergun. The Nail Gun was the primary weapon used by the Scout in Team Fortress Classic.
- Has two team-colored stripes near the tops of his socks, and his shoes do not have the white stripes that they do now. Instead they have a different pattern which can be seen in his gibs.
- His earpiece has changed to Cream Spirit.
- RED Soldier is identical to Trailer 1.
- His BLU coat is a dark blue team-color.
- His pants are less saturated.
- His helmet is a dark grey hue.
- His class emblem is blank yellow.
- The Rocket Launcher has different textures and is visually a single-shot frontloaded RPG much like it is in Team Fortress Classic. The RPG was removed in the final version.
- His gloves are fully black.
- The tank on his back is fully yellow instead of gray with a yellow top.
- The Flamethrower is not team-colored.
- His asbestos suit is more saturated and has darker hues and his BLU class emblem is blank yellow.
- He wields a Pipebomb Launcher instead of the Stickybomb Launcher.
- The grenades look completely different and lack any "countdown" particle effects.
- The viewmodel of the Pipebomb Launcher has a different origin.
- The Demoman is shown wielding the MIRV Grenade as a Grenade. This was removed when Grenades were scrapped.
- His class emblem is blank yellow without any sort of outline.
- Moves slower.
- The viewmodel of the Minigun is slightly different.
- His class emblem is blank yellow.
- His vest is similar to final version.
- The animations of the Wrench look different.
- His overalls, goggles, and belt buckle look slightly different.
- His shirt is similar to final version and his class emblem is blank yellow.
- The animations of the Shotgun look different.
- The Shotgun itself seems to hold at least 7 rounds instead of 6.
- The level 1 Sentry Gun has different textures, sounds, and building animations.
- It also fires slightly faster, but with bullet spread and lower accuracy.
- His cloak lacks color transition.
- Cigarettes are white & gold for both BLU and RED, and do not appear to be lit.
- Has a team-colored pocket protector, striped tie and visible buttons.
- The textures on his gloves and mask appear to be different.
- The Butterfly Knife has a longer and more articulate backstab animation. This was considered too long and shortened by the time of the pre-release, and was later changed so that the animation was an instant kill, and remains that way to this day.
- The bridge in the center of the map is uncovered, which is covered in the current release.
- The spawnrooms have separate exits and entrances.
- The entrances to the BLU and RED bases have stairs. These were later replaced by ramps.
- The entrances from the sewers have spiral staircases, which were also in Team Fortress Classic.
- The truck that appears in the background has a red roof.
- From 1:47 to 1:48 as well as at 1:51, a Medic can be seen on the left side of the screen in the reference pose.
- At 0:52 you can hear one of the Quake death sound effects.
- At 3:01 you can see a giant window floating in the sky behind the rocket jumping Soldier.