From Team Fortress Wiki
|Released:||August 21st, 2006|
First revealed at GC 06, Trailer 2 showcased the various abilities of Team Fortress 2's player classes. Showing an early rendition of the game, the trailer contains several differences from the final product.
- The general texture and lighting of the character models are slightly lower quality.
- The emblems on the classes' arms are solid circles instead of class emblems.
- All characters have the same voice and stock dying noises including the infamous Wilhelm scream. The generic voice was going to be used for the Civilian.
- Appears to have more upper-body build than the current model does.
- Is shown wielding the Nail Gun which was later replaced with the Scattergun. The Nail Gun was the primary weapon used by the Scout in Team Fortress Classic.
- Has two team-colored stripes near the tops of his socks. And his shoes do not have the white stripes.
- His earpiece is team-colored instead of yellow.
- The swing speed for his Bat is slightly faster.
- His coat is a pale grayish team-color.
- His Rocket Launcher has different textures and is visually a single-shot frontloaded RPG much like it is in Team Fortress Classic. The RPG was removed in the final version.
- His gloves are fully black and lack yellow tips.
- The tank on his back is fully yellow instead of gray with a yellow top.
- His Flamethrower is not team-colored.
- The view model animation for the Wrench looks different.
- His overalls, goggles, and belt buckle look slightly different.
- The animation for deploying his Shotgun is slightly different.
- The Shotgun itself also looks slightly different and holds 7/ 8 rounds instead of 6.
- The level 1 sentry has different textures, sounds, and building animations.
- The level 1 sentry also fires slightly faster, but with a spread and lower accuracy.
- Moves slower
- Has a different view model for the Minigun.
- His Grenade Launcher is visually a Pipe Bomb Launcher, that launches pipe bombs which are detonated remotely similar to the Sticky Bomb Launcher.
- The grenades look completely different and a lack particle effects.
- The view model for his Grenade Launcher is slightly different.
- Is shown weilding the MIRV Grenade which was replaced by the Sticky Bomb Launcher.
- Has darker glasses
- His hat and vest have different shades.
- Charge symbol when his Sniper Rifle is scoped looks different. It's possible that the manual shot-charging mechanism was brought over from the Team Fortress Classic's counterpart.
- His cloak lacks color transition.
- Cigarettes are white for both BLU and RED, and do not appear to be lit.
- Has a team-colored pocket protector, striped tie and visible buttons.
- Textures on his gloves and mask are different.
- Spy's Butterfly Knife has longer and more articular animations.
- The bridge in the center of the map is uncovered, which is now covered.
- The spawns have separate exits and entrances, similar to Team Fortress Classic.
- The entrances to the BLU and RED base have stairs; these were later replaced by ramps.
- The entrances from the sewers have the same staircases as the ones in Team Fortress Classic.
- The truck that appears in the background has a red roof.
- From 1:47 to 1:48, a Medic can be seen next to the left entrance to the RED base in a civilian pose.
- A Medic can also be seen behind a box and white jug, next to the sewer entrance, at 1:51.