From Team Fortress Wiki
|Released:||August 21st, 2006|
First revealed at GC 06, Trailer 2 showcased the various abilities of Team Fortress 2's player classes. Showing an early rendition of the game, the trailer contains several differences from the final product.
- The general texture and lighting of the character models is of significantly lower quality.
- The emblems on the classes' arms are solid circles, instead of class emblems.
- All characters have the same voice and stock dying noises including the infamous Wilhelm scream. The generic voice was going to be used for the Civilian. Also the classes had flat ears instead of 3D.
- Appears to have more upper-body build than the current model does.
- Is shown wielding the Nail Gun which was later replaced with the Scattergun. The Nail Gun was the primary weapon used by the Scout in Team Fortress Classic.
- Has two team-colored stripes near the tops of his socks, and his shoes do not have the white stripes that they do now.
- His earpiece has changed to yellow.
- The swing speed of his Bat is slightly faster.
- His coat is a dark blue team-color.
- His pants are less saturated.
- His helmet is black.
- His class emblem is blank yellow.
- The Rocket Launcher has different textures and is visually a single-shot frontloaded RPG much like it is in Team Fortress Classic. The RPG was removed in the final version.
- The viewmodel gloves are fully black and lack yellow tips.
- The tank on his back is fully yellow instead of gray with a yellow top.
- The Flamethrower is not team-colored.
- His asbestos suit is dark blue and his class emblem is blank yellow.
- The Grenade Launcher visually appears as a Pipe Bomb Launcher, that launches pipe bombs which are detonated remotely similarly to the current Stickybomb Launcher.
- The grenades look completely different and lack any particle effects.
- The viewmodel of the Grenade Launcher is slightly different.
- The Demoman is shown wielding the MIRV Grenade, which was later replaced by the Stickybomb Launcher.
- His class emblem is blank yellow without a circle outline.
- Moves slower.
- The viewmodel of the Minigun is slightly different.
- His class emblem is blank yellow.
- His vest is similar to final version.
- The animations of the Wrench look different.
- His overalls, goggles, and belt buckle look slightly different.
- His shirt is similar to final version and his class emblem is blank yellow.
- The animations of the Shotgun look different.
- The Shotgun itself seems to hold at least 7 rounds instead of 6.
- The level 1 Sentry Gun has different textures, sounds, and building animations.
- It also fires slightly faster, but with bullet spread and lower accuracy.
- Has darker glasses.
- His hat and vest have slightly different textures.
- The charge symbol, shown when his Sniper Rifle is scoped in, looks different. It's possible that the manual shot charging mechanism was brought over from its Team Fortress Classic counterpart.
- His cloak lacks color transition.
- Cigarettes are white for both BLU and RED, and do not appear to be lit.
- Has a team-colored pocket protector, striped tie and visible buttons.
- The textures on his gloves and mask appear to be different.
- The Butterfly Knife has longer and more articular animations.
- The bridge in the center of the map is uncovered, which is covered in the current release.
- The spawnrooms have separate exits and entrances.
- The entrances to the BLU and RED bases have stairs. These were later replaced by ramps.
- The entrances from the sewers have the same staircases as the ones in Team Fortress Classic.
- The truck that appears in the background has a red roof.
- From 1:47 to 1:48, a Medic can be seen next to the left entrance to the RED base in a civilian pose.
- A Medic can also be seen behind a box and white jug, next to the sewer entrance, at 1:51.
- At 0:52 you can hear one of the quake death sound effects.