From Team Fortress Wiki
|Released:||August 21st, 2006|
First revealed at GC 06, Trailer 2 showcased the various abilities of Team Fortress 2's player classes. Showing an early rendition of the game, the trailer contains several differences from the final product.
- The general texture and lighting of the character models is of slightly lower quality.
- The emblems on the classes' arms are solid circles, instead of class emblems.
- All characters have the same voice and stock dying noises including the infamous Wilhelm scream. The generic voice was going to be used for the Civilian.
- Appears to have more upper-body build than the current model does.
- Is shown wielding the Nail Gun which was later replaced with the Scattergun. The Nail Gun was the primary weapon used by the Scout in Team Fortress Classic.
- Has two team-colored stripes near the tops of his socks, and his shoes do not have the white stripes that they do now.
- His earpiece is team-colored instead of yellow.
- The swing speed of his Bat is slightly faster.
- His coat is a pale grayish team-color.
- The Rocket Launcher has different textures and is visually a single-shot frontloaded RPG much like it is in Team Fortress Classic. The RPG was removed in the final version.
- The viewmodel gloves are fully black and lack yellow tips.
- The tank on his back is fully yellow instead of gray with a yellow top.
- The Flamethrower is not team-colored.
- The Grenade Launcher visually appears as a Pipe Bomb Launcher, that launches pipe bombs which are detonated remotely similarly to the current Stickybomb Launcher.
- The grenades look completely different and lack any particle effects.
- The viewmodel of the Grenade Launcher is slightly different.
- The Demoman is shown wielding the MIRV Grenade, which was later replaced by the Stickybomb Launcher.
- Moves slower
- The viewmodel of the Minigun is slightly different.
- The animations of the Wrench look different.
- His overalls, goggles, and belt buckle look slightly different.
- The animations of the Shotgun look different.
- The Shotgun itself seems to hold at least 7 rounds instead of 6.
- The level 1 Sentry Gun has different textures, sounds, and building animations.
- It also fires slightly faster, but with bullet spread and lower accuracy.
- Has darker glasses.
- His hat and vest have slightly different textures.
- The charge symbol, shown when his Sniper Rifle is scoped in, looks different. It's possible that the manual shot charging mechanism was brought over from its Team Fortress Classic counterpart.
- His cloak lacks color transition.
- Cigarettes are white for both BLU and RED, and do not appear to be lit.
- Has a team-colored pocket protector, striped tie and visible buttons.
- The textures on his gloves and mask appear to be different.
- The Butterfly Knife has longer and more articular animations.
- The bridge in the center of the map is uncovered, which is covered in the current release.
- The spawnrooms have separate exits and entrances.
- The entrances to the BLU and RED bases have stairs. These were later replaced by ramps.
- The entrances from the sewers have the same staircases as the ones in Team Fortress Classic.
- The truck that appears in the background has a red roof.
- From 1:47 to 1:48, a Medic can be seen next to the left entrance to the RED base in a civilian pose.
- A Medic can also be seen behind a box and white jug, next to the sewer entrance, at 1:51.