Meet the Heavy
|Meet the Heavy|
|Released:||May 14, 2007|
|["Meet the Heavy" text appears]
Heavy: "I am Heavy Weapons Guy...and this [grabs Minigun] is my weapon. [lays both hands covetously on Minigun] She weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires two hundred dollar, custom-tooled cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. [looks intently at viewer] It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon...for twelve seconds."
Heavy: [Checks the barrel of his Minigun] "Oh my God, who touched Sascha? Alright...Who touched my gun!?"
Heavy: "Some people think they can outsmart me. Maybe, [sniff] maybe. I've yet to meet one that can outsmart bullet."
Heavy: [Holds up cartridge to the camera as sound of Minigun revving up is heard]
[Heavy devastates the enemies with his Minigun on Dustbowl Stage 1 Cap 1]
[Team Fortress 2 theme plays]
Heavy: "Waaaaahhhhh! Uwaaaaaaah! Ahahahahaha! Cry some more!"
Heavy: "Heheh, cry some more."
[Team Fortress 2 ending flourish music plays]
- As the first 'experimental' "Meet the Team" video, the ending screen features the outdated official group picture of the classes and there is no introductory 'Meet the Heavy' title card. However, the alternate language, TF2 Official Website and the Valve YouTube versions of the video have had these features added to make them consistent with the newer videos.
- The title card displays "COPYRIGHT LOLOLOL" on the bottom right corner, a recurring joke throughout the "Meet the Team" videos.
- The kill icon for the Heavy's Minigun on the title card shown in the updated version is the original beta kill icon.
- The Heavy's shoulder badge in this video is his original skull and crossbones design. It was later changed to the current fist emblem.
- The whiteboard behind the Heavy is shown on the 'World War Wednesday' page of the Über Update but blue ink is used, as it is being used by the BLU team.
- The Heavy calls himself "Heavy Weapons Guy", as a reference to his original name in Team Fortress Classic.
- The area where the Heavy is firing his Minigun is in the first stage of the Attack/Defend Control Point map Dustbowl, where he is standing on the large rock just outside of the BLU spawn.
- The Heavy fires his Minigun for exactly twelve seconds during the combat scene.
- The Heavy's Minigun uses the old muzzle-flash in the video; it now has a softer appearance.
- This is because Valve's particle system was still being worked on at the time.
- The Heavy uses the Combine footsteps sound from Half-Life 2.
- At 1:14, a BLU Sniper in the background can be seen briefly in reference pose before crouching.
- A new version of Meet the Heavy was released on November 12, 2009 on EA's website, with updated models and engine effects. However, it has not replaced the official one in the video store on Steam.
- The manufacturer's marks on the bottom of the Heavy's bullet read "Super Caliber Fragile Ballistic"; this is a reference to Mary Poppins.
- Meet the Heavy on IMDb