Meet the Engineer
|Meet the Engineer|
|Released:||September 11, 2007|
|("Meet the Engineer" text appears)
(Cut to the Engineer sitting on his toolbox and playing 'More Gun' on his guitar. Next to him is a kill counter displaying 209. The Engineer is sitting in the bend of one of the pathways between the Warehouse and the Radar Dish in Hydro.)
Engineer: Hey look, buddy, I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems.
(A gunshot ricochets off the truck near the Engineer; he ignores it.)
Engineer: Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.
(Two more gunshots ricochet off the truck, close to the Engineer's head. He glances briefly at the bullet holes.)
Engineer: I solve practical problems.
(The Engineer puts down the beer and continues to play. The Kill counter clicks up from 209 to 210.)
Engineer: ...How am I going to stop some big mean mother hubbard from tearing me a structurally superfluous new behind?
(The Sentry Gun spots the Sniper and kills him. The Kill counter clicks up to 211.)
Engineer: The answer...
(A level 2 Sentry Gun fires and kills a Scout and an unseen enemy.)
(Kill counter clicks up to 213)
Engineer: ...use a gun. And if that don't work.... [A level 3 sentry gun fires rockets] ...use more gun.
(The Engineer stops playing. A large explosion is heard and the Engineer grins happily)
Unknown Assailant: My arm! (from off-screen)
(The Kill counter clicks up to 214. A severed Sniper hand lands in front of the Engineer, who continues playing, the Engineer kicks the hand into the air upon which the level 1 Sentry Gun targets and shoots the hand)
Engineer: Like this heavy caliber, tripod-mounted, little ol' number designed by me...
(The Engineer kicks the hand, which is shot out of the air by the level 1 Sentry Gun.)
Engineer: ...Built by me...
(The level 1 Sentry Gun shoots another Soldier. The Kill Counter clicks up to 215.)
Engineer: ...and you'd best hope... not pointed at you.
(The camera zooms out from the Engineer as his Sentry Guns continue to devastate the attackers. It is revealed that the Engineer's truck is crammed full of BLU Intelligence, and that his "campfire" is in fact the burning body of a BLU Sniper.)
(The Engineer's guitar sounds blend into the ambiance, before the piece ends with the Team Fortress 2 ending flourish.)
- The title card displays "COPYRIGHT LOLOLOL" on the bottom right corner, a recurring joke throughout the "Meet the Team" videos.
- The song the Engineer plays on his guitar is a section of 'Someone Else's Song' by the American band Wilco. The track used in the video was later released in full as a part of the Team Fortress 2 Soundtrack, under the name More Gun.
- The guitar the Engineer uses has a steel bridge, which is uncommon for acoustic guitars.
- The campfire is actually a burning BLU Sniper.
- The Shotgun is visible throughout the video behind a crate, leaning on the side of the truck.
- The kill counter is made out of the back of a Sentry Gun.
- At 0:25, the Engineer drinks a beer called "Blu Streak", despite being on the RED team. Additionally, he is sitting in front of a truck with a BLU logo on it. This implies that the truck, beer, and Intelligence were all stolen from a BLU base.
- At 0:38, a Sniper creeps up in an attempt to eliminate the Engineer. However, when the Sentry Gun fires at the Sniper, a Soldier death sound is heard.
- The Level 2 Sentry Gun appears to be ejecting Shotgun shells.
- At 0:53, a nondescript, disembodied voice of a male yells "My arm!", followed by what appears to be a dismembered Sniper arm falling on the ground in camera view. Despite a Sniper hand being thrown into view, the voice seems to sound much more like that of a Scout.
- On the hood of the truck, there is a Level 1 Sentry Gun that does nothing throughout the video.
- As the camera begins to zoom out at 1:10, two Level 1 Sentry Guns, one Level 2 Sentry Gun, one Level 3 Sentry Gun can be seen already built. This, however, is impossible in-game, as an Engineer can only build one Sentry Gun at a time, with the exception of disposable Sentry Guns in Mann vs. Machine.
- At 1:10, as the camera pulls away from the Engineer, a dead Scout is draped atop the stack of Intelligence cases.
- At 1:12, a Level 3 Sentry can be seen shooting rockets to the sky aimlessly.
- As the camera pans out from the Engineer at 1:12, a BLU Pyro is killed next to the Sentry Gun, but a Sniper death sound is made.
- At 1:15, we see a BLU Heavy attempting to shoot at the Engineer, but hear a Sniper's SMG.
- At 1:16, a set of rockets are launched from the location of the Level 2 Sentry Gun.
- Meet the Engineer on IMDb