|Map type||Training Mode|
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||June 10, 2010|
|Last updated:||April 14, 2011|
Target appears to be set behind the BLU spawn in Thunder Mountain, stage one. The area can be viewed from behind a pane of glass in the spawn room.
The player begins in a training booth and is confined within unless prompted to do otherwise. Two large ammo and health pickups are found in the booth, next to the player.
| Ready for Duty|
Complete each class to unlock the next.
- Added Target to the game.
- Added training for the Demoman, Spy and Engineer
- Fixed issues in Spy training
- Added 3 new training courses for the Demoman, Engineer, and Spy
- Added the Ready for Duty achievement for completing all of the training courses
- Tutorials can be played as a different class by using the
join_class <class>console command. However, they generally cannot be completed by a different class; for example, only the Soldier and Demoman have access to splash damage, required for the Soldier tutorial, while only the Engineer can construct buildings for his tutorial.
- The Soldier and Sniper targets found in the map also appear in Mountain Lab. A Sniper target is seen at the BLU spawn while a Soldier target can be found near the second point, hidden away behind a large metal door.
- Target is a selectable map under the "Create Server" option from the main menu. However, when connection is established, the player is automatically put into Soldier training.
- The Weapon Demonstration project uses a modified version of Target for the demonstration videos.