||June 10, 2010
||April 14, 2011
| Health Kits:
| Ammo Boxes:
Get yourself up to snuff, away from the judging eyes of others, with the Team Fortress Training Mode
, where you'll learn the skills you'll need to survive on the battlefield, or brush up on the skills you let atrophy through the endless chain of poor decisions that you call a life!
— The Soldier
Target is a training map that, along with Training Mode, was released with the Mac Update.
Target appears to be set behind the BLU spawn in Thunder Mountain, stage one. The area can be viewed from behind a pane of glass in the spawn room.
Currently only four classes have a training course on Target: The Soldier, Demoman, Spy, and Engineer. The goal of the courses are to complete the tutorials by following on-screen instructions.
The player begins in a training booth and is confined within unless prompted to do otherwise. Two large ammo and health pickups are found in the booth, next to the player.
||Ready for Duty|
Complete each class to unlock the next.
June 10, 2010 Patch (Mac Update)
- Added Target to the game.
March 9, 2011 Patch (Beta)
- Added training for the Demoman, Spy and Engineer
March 11, 2011 Patch (Beta)
- Fixed issues in Spy training
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
- Added 3 new training courses for the Demoman, Engineer, and Spy
- Added the Ready for Duty achievement for completing all of the training courses
- Tutorials can be played as a different class by using the
join_class <class> console command. However, they generally cannot be completed by a different class; for example, only the Soldier and Demoman have access to splash damage, required for the Soldier tutorial, while only the Engineer can construct buildings for his tutorial.
- Target is a selectable map under the "Create Server" option from the main menu. However, when connection is established, the player is automatically put into Soldier training.
- The Weapon Demonstration project uses a modified version of Target for the demonstration videos.