Mac Update trailer
|Mac Update trailer|
|Released:||June 10, 2010|
|[Looking through the Sniper's scope, the camera pans rapidly first to a window, then to a green apple hanging from a tree branch with a bite taken out of it, and then to the BLU Pyro running by, next to the BLU Heavy standing with a pair of Earbuds and putting them on]
[The BLU Heavy looks directly at the camera through the scope, while a faint version of the Team Fortress 2 main theme can be heard emanating from the Earbuds]
[The screen cuts to black, with the word "MACs" written in white]
[Again the screen cuts to black, this time with the word "PCs" written.]
[The BLU Demoman shows up with his Grenade Launcher, next to the Heavy, also putting on a pair of Earbuds. The BLU Scout then turns up, making a quick hand gesture, and proceeds to take off his headset.]
[The camera cuts back to the RED Engineer stepping over to the window holding a Frontier Justice. In the background the RED Soldier is standing over a box of hats, holding a Tyrant's Helm and a Texas Ten Gallon; he suddenly looks up and then in the direction of the Sniper and Engineer.]
[The camera cuts back to the BLU team, with the BLU Scout holding up the Earbuds and puts them on, as the TF2 Main Theme turns up and uses the original sound quality. The Scout turns around to walk towards the camera, wielding his Bat, while the Heavy and Demoman nod their heads to the beat in the background.]
[The screen cuts to black again and reads "The debate ends" and underneath "The war begins" fades in.]
[The camera shows the RED team looking out through a broken window frame. The Sniper makes a handgun gesture and mouths the word "boom" at the camera. Next to him, the Engineer smiles and cocks his shotgun. The Soldier jumps up from behind, putting his hands on the Engineer's shoulder, looking out the window and doing a cutthroat gesture at the camera.]
The Announcer: "3... 2... 1!..."
[At the sound of a boxing bell, the screen cuts to black, showing the Steam logo with text underneath reading "TEAM FORTRESS 2 NOW ON OSX".]
[The screen then shows a white outline of a bullet with the subtext "think bullets" and fades to black.]
- The music tracks used in this video are "The Art of War" (from Meet the Soldier) and the main theme.
- At the beginning of the video, the Sniper sees both a window and a bitten apple hanging from a branch through his scope. The colors used for the glass of the window allude to the "Flying Window" logo from the Microsoft Windows operating system. The bitten apple hanging from the branch alludes to both Apple Inc.'s current logo and the company's original logo.
- At 0:05 to 0:06, the BLU Pyro running by is holding a RED Flamethrower.
- The company poster on the wall behind the Heavy reads 'Jobbs' Orchards'. This refers to Apple co-founder and former CEO, Steve Jobs.
- At 0:23 is the first of many glimpses at the Frontier Justice, one of the unlockables later included with the Engineer Update.
- The first hint to the existence of Mann Co. Supply Crates is seen in this trailer, where the Soldier can be seen pulling various hats from a crate. Among these hats are the Tyrant's Helm, Texas Ten Gallon, Killer's Kabuto, and Stainless Pot.
- Training targets of the three classes that aren't prominently featured in the video (Pyro, Spy, and Medic) are behind the supply crate that the Soldier searches through.
- The slogan 'Think Bullets' at end of the trailer is a reference to an old Apple slogan, 'Think Different'.