|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This article documents beta/cut/unused/experimental content for Team Fortress 2. It may contain speculation, broken links or errors.
This article is about the scrapped Team Fortress 2
weapon. For the classic Team Fortress
weapon, see Nailgun (Classic)
The Nail Gun, also known as Nailgun, is a scrapped primary weapon for the Scout. It appears to be a white-and-grey pneumatic nail gun, with a nail belt canister attached to the barrel.
The Scout can be seen wielding this weapon in Trailer 2 and the Illustrative Rendering in Team Fortress 2, showing it was still in the relatively late development state of the game. However, the weapon was scrapped before the final release for unknown reasons. The Scout was equipped with the Scattergun as a replacement.
Each nail on the weapon's magazine had its own individual textured models in the game files. It, therefore, would most likely have functioned similarly to the Medic's Syringe Gun.
- Information can be found in
"TF_Weapon_Nailgun" "Nail Gun"
- A bucket icon for the Nail Gun can be found in the game files.
- The model of the Nail Gun can be found in the game files.
- Textures for the Nail Gun existed in the game files but have since been removed.
- The Dispenser, regardless of level, has what appears to be a nail belt hanging off it. This is similar to how a metal pipe can also be seen hanging out of it, and the Syringes seen when the Dispenser is upgraded to level 2.
Nail Gun concept artwork.
The Scout holding the Nail Gun, as seen in Trailer 2.