|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
| Basic information
| Map type
|| Payload Race
| File name:
|| Alpha 7
| Release date:
|| June 16, 2009
| Last updated:
|| October 30, 2009
|| Aeon ":void" Bollig
— Set in a melting valley of snow at dawn, RED and BLU cross Payload Paths once again. An industrial settlement in this melting valley is the main focus for the teams, as it houses the highest concentration of Thermal Energy known to man. What creates such catastrophic amounts of Thermal Energy is unknown, but RED and BLU race to find the source and seize control of the monstrous generator behind it all. ~ Map Blurb
Scoville is a Payload Race map created for TF2Maps.nets's A/D CTF and Payload Race Contest. It was awarded sixth place in the competition. The map setting is a snowy, melting industrial village. The map is a three-stage Payload map, which focuses on quick combat.
Both teams must simultaneously push their carts through enemy territory in order to reach the capture point, while preventing the enemy team from doing the same. Once either team pushes the cart into the final capture point, the cart explodes, creating a catastrophic explosion and killing both teams in the process.
External courtyard. Contains the Payload cart and the main spawn point, and also provides exits to Arena.
Arena. A large open area in the main house through which the Payload cart travels. The majority of fighting will take place in this location.
External courtyard. This area is similar to the external courtyard from the Stage 1, however it is longer and more spacious.
Arena. This is a very large and open area surrounded by buildings through which the Payload cart travels.
Avenue. The area extends forward, and there are some peaks present which allow the Payload to roll downwards rapidly. Both the RED and BLU tracks parallel each other in this location.
Platform. This is the final area of the map. It is a large and open area, and contains a device that creates a fireball when the point is captured. Once the Payload is delivered, the fireball will heat up and will destroy everything in close proximity to the point.
June 28, 2009
Alpha 2 July 11, 2009
Alpha 3 August 2, 2009
Alpha 4 August 24, 2009
- Fans now suck more than ever. "Why?" I hear you ask. Due to Matt's discovery of point_push working in TF2, I imported it from the Half Life 2 FGD and threw it into Boojum's FGD. Fans now suck things in based on a medium-sized Sphere.
- Nobuilded the Fan pits, if you're lucky enough to get past the aforementioned point_push.
- Lowered the fans over the capture points, a single jump now kills.
- Tinted lights to have a more rustic feel.
- Fixed Stage 1 bug where carts would collide and need the opposite team to co-operate momentarily, after which the players may resume to ruthlessly killing.
- Fixed Stage 2 crossover points to start moving the Payloads earlier.
- Thinned boards over the Fans in Stage 2 by 4 units. Boards are now more unstable and a riskier hope due to the point_push and the thinness.
- Scattered more Health and Ammo around the area.
Alpha 5 September 7, 2009
- Partially detailed Stage 1
- Added Stage 3
- Attempted fix to Stage 2's infamous crossover bug
Alpha 6 September 19, 2009
- Revised Stage 2
- Removed point_pushes in final Stage.
- Proper Pakrat
- Various Optimization
- Various Detailing
- Continuing abuse to the RED team by detailing only BLU and Neutral areas
Alpha 7 September 26, 2009
- Sought to the func_respawnrooms' lengths in Stage 1
- Detailing amongst various locale
- Broke Sightlines in Stage 2
- Returned 3 Death Fans to Stage 2
- Rotated Stage 3 to make it less blinding
- Added Glass to setup gates in Stage 2
- Playerclipped Stage 1's capture area to eliminate the "Enemy stuck in front of Cart, preventing a Win" factor
Alpha 7A September 27, 2009
- Fixed Setup Gates for Stage 2
- The name Scoville originally came from the measurement of heat in a Chili Pepper.
Details of stage 1.(Large file)
Details of stage 2.(Large file)
Details of stage 3.(Large file)