|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
Fifthcurve is a community-created Payload map. During the development, it has also been known with names curve and 5curve.
A Halloween version of the map was released with the Scream Fortress 2016 update under the name Brimstone.
The map has 5 control points. They are named by their locations within the map. Garage(A), Satellite Dish(B), Entrance(C), Warehouse(D) and E as The Pit. BLU team needs to push cart through all these control points to the pit to win the game. RED team needs to prevent them from doing so.
Fifthcurve in an earlier version when it was just known as "Curve".
A capture point is a 2-way one, first you must push the cart upwards to the point middle of the hill and then from the CP itself to the top of the hill, without cart rolling down.
Spawning RED players can actually see their next forward spawn out from the 1st spawn window. They end up there if they fail to defend the A and B control points. BLU players on the other hand in their first forward spawn, can see a spawn door opening to their next spawn area, if they manage to push the cart up to C area.
In the last area, RED team spawns both sides of the pit and they have multiple ways in and out from the spawn areas. One route actually brings them behind BLU team, that might be trying to make the last pushes up to the pit area. This is a intentional twist that is not used in many maps. Keep an eye out on those exits as BLU!
September 6, 2016 Patch
- Fixed missing texture.
- Removed one way door and stairs, added drop down area.
- Improved clipping.
- Added initial bot navigation.
- More small fixes and improvements.
August 6, 2016 Patch
- Changed BLU 1st forward spawn a bit. Now you won't get stuck to the landing door, because there isn't one. After the spawns change when 3rd CP is capped, you will simply get a door open and the back, long leading ways will be locked. You will have arrows to point you into correct way, as well as the spawnpoints will change to point that direction.
- Removed plank path up towards the balcony near last from RED due to it adding cluttered gameplay.
- Lots of small fixes and texture alignements.
March 28, 2016 Patch
- Added new door out from BLU 1st forward spawn.
- Remodeled the BLU 1st forward spawn and BLU 2nd forward spawn, connected 2 spawns into one. Spawns dynamically change depending if B, C or D has been capped.
- Closed off doorway to C from near B area.
- Adjusted respawn times on last CP area (E).
- Adjusted respawn times on C cap area.
- Added additional models few places within the map.
- Fixed texture errors.
March 21, 2016 Patch
- Moved BLU third spawn to change only after D has been capped instead of C, liked it used to be.
- Added new flank route for BLU to the cap C area, which opens after cap C has been capped.
- Added some height to some rooms.
- Added few props to high areas to tell players that they are not accessible even with rocket/sticky jump.
- Removed some props from the map to make it less busy looking.
- Changed respawn times after C has been capped.
- Fixed few overlays being out of place.
- Fixed few hovering models.
- Fixed some soudscapes not playing correctly in some areas.
- Continued optimizing pass.
- Several miscellaneous changes all over the map.
Ditto, other point of view.
Area between Points A and B.
Area between Points B and C. Point C can be seen.
Warehouse. Point D can be seen.
Area between Points D and E. Point E can be seen.
View from the window on second RED's spawn.
Ditto, other point of view.
Door, leading to next BLU's spawn.