|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an officially released Team Fortress 2 map.
All released Valve and Community-made TF2 maps can be found on the list of maps.
|Map type||Control Point|
Orange_X is a community-made Symmetrical Control Point map released in 2007. It consists of a base for each team, an open second Control Point for each team, and a central Point located on a tower in the middle. Unlike other Symmetrical Control Point maps, Orange_X doesn't set a limited time for the teams to win; the control points may remain either captured or not for as long as the map lasts.
Most Orange maps are known for their lack of textures and/or lack of obstacles, along with Control Points that have exceptionally long cap times, which encourages players to simply fight in a "deathmatch" style setting.
Many different variations and revisions of Orange exist, including versions with more props and/or textures, different theming, slightly different layouts or spawn room modifications, different lighting/time of day, or different weather, such as snow or rain.
There are at least 70 currently known variations of Orange, including, in alphabetical order:
- Players can get out of the map by jumping above the spawns.
- Ragdolls don't collide with some props.
- Control Points' metallic bases don't reflect their current ownership once getting a first owner if the map was loaded for first time or after a map's reload.
- The sun's position doesn't match with the map's lighting origin.
- Players can enter the enemy spawn.
cp_orange_xis a "Control Point" remake of dod_orange, originally made by BSL for Day of Defeat.
- A wolf sculpture can be seen inside and behind the spawns; it represents the avatar of the map's author, WhiteWolf_X.
cp_orange_x3is the most known and popular variation of Orange_X. It is also, in most cases, the used map to create other map variations.