| Basic information
| Map type
|| Payload Race
| File name:
|| Alpha 8
|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
Animus is a Payload Race map created for the TF2Maps.net A/D CTF and Payload Race Contest. It was awarded eighth place in the competition.
- Spawn Area. As with all maps, the game begins here. The doors to leave the room are locked until the setup time (around 5 seconds) is over. After going through the first present shutter door, there is an area with pathways going both up and down before finally exiting the spawn.
- Street. A long, curved space through which the Payload carts must pass. It is symmetrical.
- Final point. Enemy Spawn Area.
- Spawn Area. Features a point to which teams should deliver the Payload cart, and also contains a spawn area.
- Street. A small space with a crossroads in the middle through which the Payload cart must travel.
- Street. A very small level including a small, curved and symmetrical space through which the two Payload carts must travel. The tracks in this area are parallel.
Fixed crossover bug (For real!)
- Visual and performance improvements to all particles
- Fixed particles bug (particles not showing)
- Fixed Red cart getting stuck in stage 3 right at the top of the ramp
- Fixed red pl hud not showing up in stage 3
- Fixed the "2 suns" problem
- Fixed carts not being disabled during setup phase in stage 2
- Added more custom content (Including models from TerabyteST)
- Improved lighting in some places
- Made all rock brushes into displacements in the final area, stage 3
- Fixed players getting stuck when standing in front of the cart while capping (stage1)
- Teams does no longer switch after the map is won
- Added pumpkins
- Made the entrance to the middle of stage 2 taller
- Possibly fixed the crossover bug (again)
- Adjusted the lighting, blue players are back, green players are gone
- Removed stairs to the enemy base in stage 1
- Added track lights
- Minor detailing
- Improved optimization (still compiled on fast)
- Fixed players getting stuck in the spawn door
- Added new spawn exits in stage 3
- 'Stage won' particle is now a child to the cart.
- 'Stage won' particles now shows up in stage 2 as well
- Added working timer to stage 2
- Carts eyes particle now only shows up when someone dies
- Made changes to stage 3
- Slight improvements to particles
A3 - A6
-Removed to save character space-