|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an officially released Team Fortress 2 map.
All released Valve and Community-made TF2 maps can be found on the list of maps.
|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|File name:|| |
|Version:||Release Candidate 5|
|Release date:||February 17, 2018|
|Last updated:||April 27, 2019|
|Health Kits:||×7 • ×2|
|Ammo Boxes:||×5 • ×5|
Quetzal is a community-created Mann vs. Machine map made by Dayal. It takes place in the ruins of an Aztec site. Quetzal offers four missions on its own: AZ-Tech (Intermediate), Meso Mashing (Advanced), Tropical Trashing (Advanced), and Scorched Syntax (Expert).
Like Rottenburg, Quetzal features blockades that force the robots to take a longer path to the bomb hatch. These blockades can be destroyed by tanks, additionally giving the robots a shortcut through the map. There are two blockades on the map: a short stone wall near the front field and a wooden spike barricade in front of the hatch.
Quetzal was one of the maps included in the custom event Operation Canteen Crasher. Three missions were made for the map: Oaxaca Offense (Intermediate), Sunset Sacrilege (Intermediate), and Tiacopan Tenacity (Advanced).
The hatch area is separated into two parts, with a large stone gate forcing the robots to move around it.
- Left Path: A slightly shorter path to the hatch, but goes past RED spawn and a platform defenders can use to attack both sides of the gate.
- Right Path: A longer path that wraps around the hatch area. A short wall allows defenders to attack robots from the hatch.
- The Gate: A wooden barricade blocks the robots from using this path on their own. Certain tanks can destroy this barricade, allowing the robots to pass through it, giving them a major shortcut.
- Front Buildings: The two buildings and stone barricade mark the separation of the front path from the three middle paths. One of these buildings houses an Upgrade Station players can use in between waves.
- Upper Path: Overlooking the entire area is an elevated platform, with a dirt path marking how robots will traverse the area.
- Cliff Path: The farthest path goes by a lake that is infested with crocodiles. A player or robot falling into the lake will kill them, identical to a pitfall death. The bomb will also be reset if it falls into the lake.
- Tunnel: A straight-shot path that goes underneath the Upper Path.
- Back Field: All three paths converge into this area and leads to the hatch. Also offers highground to the Tunnel.
- Cliff: The primary spawn for the robots. The area immediately in front overlooks the general area, giving robots a slight advantage.
- Tank Tunnel: A barricaded tunnel where some of the tanks spawn from.
- Right Building: A building that some robots will appear from. Some tanks may also spawn from this area. This spawn is quite dangerous, as it usually flanks defenders.
- A number of birds can be found around the map. These are the Quizzical Quetzal, tying into the map's name.
- Queztal Tunnel.jpg
The tunnel that goes underneath the upper route.
- Queztal Hatch.jpg
The hatch and barricaded gate.