|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an officially released Team Fortress 2 map.
All released Valve and Community-made TF2 maps can be found on the list of maps.
|Map type||Mann vs. Machine|
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||May 15th, 2017|
|Last updated:||April 19th, 2019|
|Link(s):|| Steam Workshop|
|Health Kits:||×1 • ×9 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×1 • ×5 • ×5|
Barren is a community-created Mann vs. Machine map created by Dayal. It takes place in a Badlands-esque desert, where players must defend a toxic waste deposit. It was created for the Mappers vs Machines Contest, and later appeared in Operation Canteen Crasher, Operation Memes vs Machines. It currently appears on Operation Madness vs Machines.
Barren features one unnamed Normal mission, one unnamed Intermediate mission and one unnamed Advanced mission. For Operation Canteen Crasher, two Advanced missions titled Dusty Dilemma and Robotic Landscape were created. For Operation Memes vs Machines, three Intermediate missions titled HoHoHoes Holiday by Mørtøn, Jesty Joker Jamble by Seelpit and Mediocre Nonsense by Enigmus were created. For Operation Madness vs Machines, three Advanced missions entitled Brushfire by Hell-met, Clanker Carnage by Bot Rot and Crucial Revenge by Super Somario were created.
The immediate area around the hatch is notably closed in, with fences separating the area from surrounding routes.
- Side-Plains: A small outstretch from the hatch connects the hatch to a small garage. Some waves have the robots take this path to flank the hatch.
- Valley: The primary route for the bomb. Largely flanked by surrounding terrain, and wraps around to the side of the hatch.
- Cliffs: A short cliff overlooking the area. The second bomb path through a tunnel exits out here.
- Right Path: A long stretch of ground leading to the hatch. A set of stairs give a path to the garage by the hatch.
- Tunnel: An industrial tunnel that paths around a set of buildings. A wall of pipes shapes the tunnel to wrap around it.
- Cliff Path: A long cliff that connects to the middle paths, giving some overlook towards the front.
- Underpass: One of the paths for the bomb, traverses underneath a bridge and is flanked by a platform.
- Platform: A wooden platform overlooks the front and surrounding area, connected to a bridge that leads to the cliff path.
Robots enter the area from a train, rather than being delivered from a Carrier Tank. The area is very open, making avoiding attacks from robots much harder.
- Trains: The primary spawn for robots, placed at the end of the area.
- Side Building: The secondary spawn for robots, placed off to the side.
- Abandoned Building: A boarded up building to the right side of the area, some waves will have Tanks appear from here.