|“I built that.”
This page contains information about a custom map that is not an official Team Fortress 2 map.
To see official TF2 maps, go to here.
|Map type||Capture the Flag|
|File name:|| |
|Release date:||June 3, 2009|
|Last updated:||November 6, 2009|
|Health Kits:||×11 • ×17 • ×1|
|Ammo Boxes:||×3 • ×17 • ×12|
Premuda is an Attack/Defend Capture the Flag map created as an entry for the TF2Maps.net A/D CTF and Payload Race Contest, in which it won third place. The map features a three-stage layout in which BLU must deliver their intelligence to each capture point, which RED must defend. The intelligence initially spawns outside of BLU spawn, where it can be picked up, but will later spawn on the first capture point of each stage once that point has been captured.
Set on the island of Premuda in the Adriatic Sea, BLU tries to pinpoint RED´s main satellite dish to launch an aerial attack and destroy it. The map is also noted for its unique custom Intelligence model, which is made to resemble a portable military radio transmitter with a small satellite receiving dish.
Premuda's Intelligence is also unique in that it generates approximately 15 Health per second for its carrier, roughly the same as a Level 2 Dispenser. It cannot overheal and does not supply Ammo or Metal.
- The Intelligence on Premuda has a 20 second respawn time after a successful capture. BLU should take advantage of this to push forward against RED's defense if they have just captured the first capture point on a stage.
Stage 1, Cap 1
- BLU should note that the Intelligence spawn point is completely exposed and that it is possible for RED to have a Sentry Gun or two awaiting the start of the round. As such, having a Medic with a full ÜberCharge ready for the start of the round is recommended.
- However, RED Engineers should focus on building at least one Sentry Gun inside of the building where the first capture point sits, as the building's walls offer shelter against BLU's attacks.
Stage 1, Cap 2
- The high cliff on this second section offers Engineers an excellent spot for Sentry Gun placement. However, because it is also close to a path that BLU Spies can take to reach the second capture point, keeping a Pyro nearby the Sentry Guns is advisable.
- RED Snipers should be positioned back on the capture point, both to stop surprise captures from above and to take advantage of the long sightline between the second capture point and the ground-level entrance.
- Like the first part of Stage 1, Sentry Gun nests can pose a significant problem for BLU. However, with a Medic ÜberCharging a Demoman, Heavy or Soldier and taking the path leading to the high cliff, BLU can assert control over this part of the map.
The custom military radio transmitter Intelligence
The initial spawn point for both BLU and the Intelligence in Stage 1